RFE Maiden Flight on Intel Integrated Graphics

N8LBV

I 'reluctantly' purchased and upgraded from RF9.5S just so I could try out the new PublicBeta on DirectX11 with Intel 770 integrated graphics.
Any movement on 9 and Intel DX9 on gen12+ integrated GFX appears to be rather dead and non-moving, I can only guess that any demand for it is relatively low and I'm not seeing a lot of chatter on it over quite a bit of time.
On a new 14700K CPU.
Seems to be working fantastically smooth at 144FPS.
With that I went ahead and just tried a video capture for kicks at 60FPS from the 'build in' Intel Arc Control panel.
That did rather poorly but the gaming experience was perfect and smooth.
I don't normally use integrated GPUs for anything other than office tasks and web browsing, so this was a fun interruption.
EVO might be a keeper here. And I'm super happy to see that that there has been some development on it.
I think the ambient noise channel featuring "crickets" or some kind of insects is something new.

Impressive flying and the video looks smooth, what frame rates do you get when using the IGPU with all the settings at maximum?

Impressive flying and the video looks smooth, what frame rates do you get when using the IGPU with all the settings at maximum?
205-ish (display limited to 144Hz). 1080P
It does stutter a bit on lots of smoke but otherwise damn near perfect.
14700K is a monster for the price.
It's not a true gaming IGPU but it appears to be excellently suited to run Realflight/DX11 combo. (at 1080)
The smoothness and antialiasing is a far cry above the out of box DX9 settings that I get on other systems that support DX9.

One thing I have run into or noticed and need to dig a little deeper is there seems to be a thin white border in fullscreen mode
Which I don't think should be there.
I also am not liking the advanced graphics settings being gone where you could set the graphics resolution and other settings independent of the desktop display settings in Windows.
Having to change the desktop scaling setting on a 4K/120Hz OLED TV screen threw me for a 3 minute loop that required a forum search to figure out.

IF you are watching the youtube video at 1080P fullscreen you can see the small white border in fullscreen mode that I am talking about above.

@N8LBV, we're glad you're enjoying Evolution so far!

Yes, ambient airport sounds are something we added in Evo.

Most of the old graphics settings are still available, but we overhauled how fullscreen mode is implemented to make it overall better behaved, and that necessitated removing the ability to change the display resolution (though of course you can still resize the application window if you choose). I'm not sure if we can do anything about the thin frame around the window because of how it works, but I will file a case to examine that and see.

Thanks for the feedback!

205-ish (display limited to 144Hz). 1080P
It does stutter a bit on lots of smoke but otherwise damn near perfect.
14700K is a monster for the price.
It's not a true gaming IGPU but it appears to be excellently suited to run Realflight/DX11 combo. (at 1080)
The smoothness and antialiasing is a far cry above the out of box DX9 settings that I get on other systems that support DX9.
What frame rates do you get if using the 14700k onboard IGPU only, (disable the Intel Arc GPU) in device manager and connect the video cable to the motherboard?
Do Heli's fly as smooth with the same amount of stick input?

What frame rates do you get if using the 14700k onboard IGPU only, (disable the Intel Arc GPU) in device manager and connect the video cable to the motherboard?
Do Heli's fly as smooth with the same amount of stick input?
Monitor is limited to 144. (1080P)
And I get a solid 144.
I can turn off vsync and look what it's doing above that if you wish.
That computer with the 14700K does not have an ARC GPU.
It's integrated GFX only.
Not build for gaming and it's for a customer but it's still here.

@Ryan Douglas DX11 fullscreen has a white border on it.
It's small but it's definitely there.
Is there any way to remove this?
Thanks.
At this time I don't have anything new to report and can't add anything to what I said before (but you may have missed that):
I'm not sure if we can do anything about the thin frame around the window because of how it works, but I will file a case to examine that and see.

Back