legoman

RLU-1 Breezy_EA

legoman

legoman submitted a new upload:

RLU-1 Breezy_EA

The RLU-1 Breezy is a homebuilt aircraft known for its "no cockpit" high wing pusher configuration. It is designed to seat the pilot and passenger with a maximum unobstructed view.

Designed and built by Charles Roloff, Robert Liposky and Carl Unger, the original Breezy used a modified set of Piper PA-12 wings. Wings from the Piper PA-14, Piper PA-18, Piper J-3, Piper J-4, Piper J-5, or Cessna 172 can also be used on the design.

Designer and pilot Carl Unger flew thousands of passengers for...

View the Swap Page

wow. Super attention to detail! Not only do his head, arms and legs move realistically, but even both carburetors' actuators move, AND all of the cables move not only linearly, but also laterally at their extremes.

This is definitely something to be proud of, @legoman .

I just had a suspicion that if I looked in the carburetor intakes, I'd even see the circular throttle valve moving.

It does! You didn't have to do that, @legoman . That's really high quality stuff.

the throttle blades do rotate and the choke can be set up to move too but I did not really have a get way to simulate them changing accept maybe if the engine was between 100 and 550 I could close them. the engine does have a starter/generator option but I decide to not model it.

If I'm not mistaken, the airfield is Wright Island from RF-X, but I feel like seconding that wish. Please do share that airfield if possible. I mean RF-X is discontinued, right?
Screenshot_20210618-224758_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Legoman,..... you did such a great job on this plane...... your attention too detail is exceptional, especially the animation.....I refer to the pilot and the carb. linkage.. The pilot animation is fantastic,...I`m not sure if its been done before with so much attention to pilot animation/detail ( I don`t recall/seriously doubt it) BUT, you nailed it with him and the controls (joy stick/rudder pedals/throttle/head/arms/legs, etc.) Love it....!!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, the airfield is Wright Island from RF-X, but I feel like seconding that wish. Please do share that airfield if possible. I mean RF-X is discontinued, right?
View attachment 125132
The 'Breezy' is really great, The Airfield is TOTALLY AWESOME! PLZ Share!

yeah the airfield is from rf-x and it is not exportable. it is a stock airfield. you can most likely find it on ebay or maybe some other sellers.

Yes the animation is something to behold. I actually put brakes on mine and have the pilot push both pedals when they actuate all the while responding to the rudder input. Just studied what Legoman did. Also move the Mixture control (but not linkage ... yet) with RPM Input.
I'm thinking that handsome Pilot came from a picture of Legoman !

I actually put brakes on mine and have the pilot push both pedals when they actuate all the while responding to the rudder input.
When I was in my teens, about 35 years ago, my father made an ultralight and he used that exact setup. The tops of the rudder pedals had toe levers that would activate the brakes when both were pushed.

The breezy that my father owned did have brakes. But he said that he rarely used them. super short field, or I need to stop right now stuff and stopping while taxiing. the breezy is a very draggy plane and it would slow down fast enough on its own almost too much to the point of stalling at idle. we also flew mostly of private grass strips so that may change some of it. ?‍

and that is not a picture of me

Last edited:
I just flew this plane again for insight into how to get a camera to tilt and turn using the sliders on the DX controller.
I have two questions, if you don't mind, @legoman :
  • Is it as difficult as it looks in this model to move the camera using the sliders? I know that part of the complication is that your pilot camera moves automatically as well as manually. Am I right that there is not a direct link between conroller input and camera movement, as appears to be the case in this model?
  • I have noticed that you set up your FPV cameras' yaw to be reverse of the slider direction. I am confident that you did that on purpose and that there is a rational reason for doing so. Can you please tell me what that reason is? I'm very curious.

Last edited:
Well, I m not Legoman, space boy, but I`m having a hard time understanding your first two questions, can you clarify..???

Summaries of the two questions:
  1. Control of camera angle using Interlink DX sliders
  2. Asking @legoman why his first person cameras turn the opposite direction of what I expected.
Better explanations of the two questions:
  1. there are a few times where I have wanted an FPV camera to look around, up and down and left and right. A few of legoman's models do this already. Particularly, his Rlu Breezy (That's the discussion thread that we're in now) So, I spent some time looking at this model's editor, hoping to find out how he did it. However, it was not obvious how he did it. There are multiple items that control the pitch and yaw of the pilot camera. so this question boils down to: is there a direct, simple way to tilt and turn a camera using the DX sliders? 🤔
  2. My second question boils down to: Why does legoman turn his cameras to the left when the slider is pushed right, and to the right when the slider is pushed left?🤔

Last edited:
Back