Run from USB

Rapier

Hello All
I am trying to get my RFV8 to run on my laptop but get all sorts of errors even after turning off anti virus and firewall but my question is can I install and run RF8 from a USB Drive.

Many thanks

Rapier

I'm not sure why running RF 8 from a USB stick would help you with the errors. You say you get all sorts of errors but don't say what the error box says so someone can possibly help you.

Technoid I will get you the errors but I think they have to do with anti virus and firewall it is a works laptop which is why I was asking if it can be installed on a USB Drive and run from that drive.

You can install from a USB drive, just copy and paste the files from CD to USB, disable antivirus and malware programs during install.
Make sure to rename the USB the same name as the RF disk.
Realflight does not work well with the latest AMD graphics cards, (you did not specify your PC specs.)
I do not think you can run RF from a USB drive, but I may be wrong, possibly some one can verify.

AFAIK, you can install RF to a USB drive as long as it has a drive letter. But you need to be sure the USB drive's letter doesn't change. For example: plug in USB drive - it gets drive E: & install RF. Unplug that one & plug in a different USB drive - IT now gets drive E:. Plug in the RF drive & it magically becomes F: - & RF won't run because the drive letter changed.

It might not be a problem if you install a clean copy of Windows on a USB drive & boot from it instead of booting from the HD. The boot drive will always be C: & you should be able to install RF into that copy of Windows.

As aej said, if your machine has an AMD video card, it probably won't solve your problem.
If the problem is that you can't control the corporate antivirus when you boot from the HD, it might work.

I gave up trying to get RF to run from my UBD Hard Drive I have managed to install my Phoenix 6 to the HDD and it runs fine.

Back