Running RF or RFD on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slider

Just thought I'd throw this in for guys with computer's like mine.
For either RF or RFD. I'm using a Pentium II 266, with a 3dfx - AGP - Banshee 16MB 3D card, and a 7200 spin 10 GB hard drive, (I think)a 24xCD, 96 MB's ram, a so so sound card, and a 17" monitor.
Anyway, when running RealFlight Deluxe and using 800x600x16 resolution.
When I fly any rc heli, as long as I don't have any other planes or music etc. turned on, the heli flys nice and smooth with no gliches.
When I fly a plane with a bunch of planes included and the music turned on, it still runs pretty darn good, with a few very minor gliches.
When I fly a plane with just music, only when the music changes from one track to another is there a minor very short glich.
I've been flying rc planes and heli's on and off for the past 31 years and this sim is very, very close to the real thing and has very good graphic's for the aircraft and backdrop.
Adlai :rolleyes:

[This message was edited by Slider on 12-09-00 at .]

Running RF

Slider,

I am running RF standard with the G2 upgrade. (I am not sure if this is called RF Classic now??) with a PC system about like yours. I have a Gateway G6-266 Pentium II/4GB/VooDoo3/96MB/17" VX700 Monitor /Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audio PCI64V/32X CDRom., etc.

I also have Flight Sim 98 and Flight Unlimited II., with CH pedals and Joystick.

After installing the G2 upgrade I still have 1.5 of GB left. I was kind of concerned while installing the G2 upgrade. When I saw it was being updated and the heli's, did not know how this system would operate. I am having no problems at all.

I do not recommend a person going any lower than this operating the G2. I am not going to upgrade my PC system yet. :D May have to one of these days.

Simple Flier #3

AMA #568112
IMAA #24872

<A HREF="http://www.rtcol.com/~ptsdyo/" TARGET="_blank">http://www.rtcol.com/~ptsdyo/</A>

[This message was edited by Simple Flier #3 on 12-21-00 at .]

Simple Flier #3,
I'm also planning on getting a faster computer to run G2. Maybe sometime this year. As of now, I have upgraded my 3d card to a 32mb agp card and have also upgraded to a new 19" monitor that can handle higher resolutions then my past 17" monitor. I can't use all the features in G2, like the flight recording etc., But I'm sure super happy with the improvement of G2 over the RFDeluxe version. Super Realistic with ton's of new features. Much easier to use then the RF Deluxe version and much better graphic's etc. I really like the feature where you can move or manipulate item's such as tree's, building, etc., etc. Add item's, remove item's, move them where you like, make them to the size you like, etc.
Very realistic aircraft, very realistic smoke, very realistic scenery. Very realistic sim.

Adlai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back