Safe Mode

Chief101

Is there a way to adjust the surface throws to affect the Safe mode? If I use the Safe mode when flying the E Flight F-16 at 12 to full throttle, the plane is just climbing for the heavens. I have to stay at 12 throttle or below to be able to maintain level flight!
I would think that there is a way to take out some of the elevator in the Safe mode! At least I hope so!

chief101

On the Horizon planes with SAFE Select setups ("SAFE On", and "SAFE Off" or "AS3X Mode"), the SAFE On mode includes a throttle-to-pitch mix. They do that on the real thing, and RealFlight dutifully includes that feature in the model. Unfortunately, there's no way to edit that mix directly in RF; it's buried within the parameter set values for the electronic flight controller in RF.

About all you could do to work around it is to create a throttle to elevator mix in either your transmitter (if it's a programmable one) or in the model in RF using the Aircraft Editor.

On the Horizon planes with SAFE Select setups ("SAFE On", and "SAFE Off" or "AS3X Mode"), the SAFE On mode includes a throttle-to-pitch mix. They do that on the real thing, and RealFlight dutifully includes that feature in the model. Unfortunately, there's no way to edit that mix directly in RF; it's buried within the parameter set values for the electronic flight controller in RF. About all you could do to work around it is to create a throttle to elevator mix in either your transmitter (if it's a programmable one) or in the model in RF using the Aircraft Editor.
On the Horizon planes with SAFE Select setups ("SAFE On", and "SAFE Off" or "AS3X Mode"), the SAFE On mode includes a throttle-to-pitch mix. They do that on the real thing, and RealFlight dutifully includes that feature in the model. Unfortunately, there's no way to edit that mix directly in RF; it's buried within the parameter set values for the electronic flight controller in RF. About all you could do to work around it is to create a throttle to elevator mix in either your transmitter (if it's a programmable one) or in the model in RF using the Aircraft Editor.

On the Horizon planes with SAFE Select setups ("SAFE On", and "SAFE Off" or "AS3X Mode"), the SAFE On mode includes a throttle-to-pitch mix. They do that on the real thing, and RealFlight dutifully includes that feature in the model. Unfortunately, there's no way to edit that mix directly in RF; it's buried within the parameter set values for the electronic flight controller in RF.

About all you could do to work around it is to create a throttle to elevator mix in either your transmitter (if it's a programmable one) or in the model in RF using the Aircraft Editor.
Thank for the reply, flightengr! I'm disappointed, but I will look into the RF Editor angle!

It sounds like you'd be better off simply switching out of SAFE mode, which to the best of my knowledge is working as intended to simulate the real-world E-flite model experience.

I believe it is working properly. The real one kicks in the throttle to pitch mix at 70% throttle, and I can see that jump in RF.

Back