Saving starting position

Pentool

I am new to RC flying so I am currently practicing basic drone flying (squares, hovering, etc). To help myself align these maneuvers I have setup the basic starting position shown below.

The movement commands are very helpful in setting up a viewing position. However, I can't seem to find a way to save this starting position. There is the ability to "Remember aircraft starting position", but this is a temporary save that disappears once the program is closed.

I don't believe it is possible in the current version. In a future update perhaps?

164843823.HiwUxfpf.jpg

It is possible in the full version of RealFlight 7.5 to edit the start position in the airport editor. Realflight 7.5 also has that quad plus most of the others that come in the Drone Edition, other threads already point out the difference and advantages of the full version of 7.5. You can upgrade for around 50 bucks.

I am not sure that there is a airport editor in the drone version...

Try this as a temporary measure; type P

In RF7.5 that command records the current position from which to start each time you hit the red button. I do not know for sure if it will work in the drone version. The start position is lost when you close or move to another airport/environment.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info, csgill75. I will go the upgrade route.

Thank you, 12oclockhigh. Yes, when using the "P" shortcut the start position is lost when you quit the program.

Back