Says Interface/interlink isnt plugged in.

Helidoc25

I installed program, ran the launcher entered in the key codes (checked 3 times they are right, hit ok, everything went good and then i tried to run the main program, it starts the small rectangle with the plane on it picture, but then i get an error message saying the interlink or interface isnt connected. I have it plugged into my usb port, and plugged into my dx8, i tried it with the dx8 power switch turned on and off, i tried plugging it in first then starting the software, ive tried every which way. Im running Windows 7 on a toshiba Satellite l655 laptop. When i plugged the usb in the first time it downloaded the driver so it said USB input device game controller, i think thats the problem but im not sure. i tried uninstalling the driver and letting it reload, no go. i dont know, im pretty upset, ive been messing with this for 2 hours. I really hope your support is quick to reply. I switched from phoenix and so far im regretting my decision. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Tech support is by phone... see the link in the grey bar above. The forum is peer to peer.

Is the device seen in the device manager? From the control panel can you see the controller and it's properties? I have not used the new dongle, but my guess would be have transmitter turned off. I have RF6 & RF7 installed on Toshiba laptops, one is running Win8 the other Win7, so it must be a hardware problem.. try rebooting.

Just to make sure it is an issue with the interface itself, you should try it on another computer first.

Sometimes the USB ports and/or available power is to blame.

As far as the TX, for most transmitters you must assure that the transmitter is in PPM mode.

I set up a "simulator" memory position for Realflight, which is set to PPM and select that before hooking up the interface.

In my case the TX must be OFF to work. This is usually the case with most transmitters.

Also your TX may need to have it's trainer mode enabled.

I've tested the interface with various JR and Spektrum radios and set up was a snap.
I Set up a new "Simulator" airplane mode model, set the TX to PPM, enable trainer functions, then turned it off. I started the sim and in the sim I selected either JR or Spektrum and I was off and running.... a bit of fine tuning added the other channels.

With the interface you DO NOT need to edit any models at all to get them to work, though you want to turn off all mixing on your TX for that to work.

BTW: Realflight Tech Support is FAR better than Phoenix tech support! Give them a call.

Last edited:
I don't have a DX8 handy, but if it behaves like a DX7, then the radio should be off when you connect the interface cable to it. At that point the radio will automatically power on in the correct mode. If that doesn't happen, you're not getting a good connection, and the problem is physical in nature.

The power switch should always remain in the off position while using this radio with RealFlight (at least for the DX7).

It's easiest to connect the radio before starting the sim. Otherwise, RealFlight will start up then tell you it can't detect any controllers, at which point you'll have to connect the radio and tell it to retry. That still works fine, but it's more steps.

RealFlight doesn't see the RealFlight Interface as a valid controller unless a radio is connected and sending signals that it can understand. So the mere fact that it is plugged into your computer will not be enough to make RealFlight run. The interface will, however, show up in your Windows control panel with or without a radio connected, so you can at least test that Windows recognizes it.

It is possible, though unlikely, that the device is faulty. You should contact RealFlight Tech Support for further assistance.

Just to make sure it is an issue with the interface itself, you should try it on another computer first.

Sometimes the USB ports and/or available power is to blame.

As far as the TX, for most transmitters you must assure that the transmitter is in PPM mode.

I set up a "simulator" memory position for Realflight, which is set to PPM and select that before hooking up the interface.

In my case the TX must be OFF to work. This is usually the case with most transmitters.

Also your TX may need to have it's trainer mode enabled.

I've tested the interface with various JR and Spektrum radios and set up was a snap.
I Set up a new "Simulator" airplane mode model, set the TX to PPM, enable trainer functions, then turned it off. I started the sim and in the sim I selected either JR or Spektrum and I was off and running.... a bit of fine tuning added the other channels.

With the interface you DO NOT need to edit any models at all to get them to work, though you want to turn off all mixing on your TX for that to work.

BTW: Realflight Tech Support is FAR better than Phoenix tech support! Give them a call.

how do you put the dx8 into ppm mode?

So i checked online and PPM Mode on the dx8 is done by plugging the cable into the radio with the switch turned off. This is what i did. I made sure i Had nothing else plugged into any other usb ports. The driver was shown in the device manager when its plugged in. As a human interface usb device, its not under the Game controller or just plain USB device. Could that have something to do with it? I noticed my phoenix doggle shows up under USB device. Im just grasping at straws. Thanks

I don't think the Interface shows up as a Joystick until it detects and initializes the TX.

Did you adjust / turn ON the "trainer" functions in your DX8? By default they are off.

I believe you want to use Pilot Link / Master

Actually I just checked, the interface DOES NOT show up at all in Windows 7 and above, unlike the prior Interlinks.... so you cannot assume yours is bad because it does not appear.

Your best bet is to test it on another computer first to assure that the problem is indeed with the interface.

If Windows says it succeeded installing the drives, the problem is not likely to be with the interface.

I installed program, ran the launcher entered in the key codes (checked 3 times they are right, hit ok, everything went good and then i tried to run the main program, it starts the small rectangle with the plane on it picture, but then i get an error message saying the interlink or interface isnt connected. I have it plugged into my usb port, and plugged into my dx8, i tried it with the dx8 power switch turned on and off, i tried plugging it in first then starting the software, ive tried every which way. Im running Windows 7 on a toshiba Satellite l655 laptop. When i plugged the usb in the first time it downloaded the driver so it said USB input device game controller, i think thats the problem but im not sure. i tried uninstalling the driver and letting it reload, no go. i dont know, im pretty upset, ive been messing with this for 2 hours. I really hope your support is quick to reply. I switched from phoenix and so far im regretting my decision. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I know nothing about the dx8 - but with the FrSky Taranis I had the same message until I had the TX turned on and the model selected set to "slave" mode - which is the mode for a student on buddy box. Hope that helps.

ive tried multiple computers, and all kinds of different things, i talked to "support" today, they were 0 help. they said i need to hold down my trainer button on my dx8... thats just stupid. Im suppose to hold down a button as i sim for an hour? Yeah... no. I tried all kinds of suggestions from support and from my local hobby store, and from you guys but no go. I tried a real flight 6.5 interlink and the software started up so im 99% sure the interface is bad.

On mine if the radio is not plugged in the interface is not recognized, so your problem sounds like the TX is not sending info via the port.

I tried my DX18 and I did NOT have to enable PPM nor hold the trainer switch.

The TX must be OFF too.

The radio automatically turns on when I plug the interface to it and the computer. Does yours do the same?

I know this seems rather silly, but is your TX battery fully charged?

Last edited:
On mine if the radio is not plugged in the interface is not recognized, so your problem sounds like the TX is not sending info via the port.

I tried my DX18 and I did NOT have to enable PPM nor hold the trainer switch.

The TX must be OFF too.

The radio automatically turns on when I plug the interface to it and the computer. Does yours do the same?

I know this seems rather silly, but is your TX battery fully charged?

my TX is switched off, my radio turns on when plugged in, I use it with Phoenix all the time, battery is charged, My computer sees the interface when i have transmitter plugged in. The SOFTWARE doesnt see the interface.

Sounds to me like it is the interface, then. Please contact support so they can assist you.

Jim

Sounds to me like it is the interface, then. Please contact support so they can assist you.

Jim

yeah they are sending me one out on monday that they tested first. My buddy wanted this sim also so i decided i would buy the sim today on my way home, again,and use it till the replacement showed up then let him have this copy for good price. Well It works! Idk what was wrong with the other one but this one works, nothing special needed to work. Im glad i can finally see how i like this, and i do. It feels really good on helis. And all the extras in here are pretty overwhelming but they look like fun.

We learned from our publisher today that a very small number of the new devices are having that issue. They're handling it.

It's not fun for any user to go through that process, but now we know that's what you were seeing and we know that it will be solved by a replacement device, which is the most important thing.

I'm glad you're enjoying the sim so far! Thanks for updating us.

Back