screensaver

sk8teradam2003 said:
do any of you guys know how to activate the screensaver feature of g3.5?
if so, how?

It is activated by right clicking on on your screen and opening the properties and then opening the screensaver tab. Scrool down till you find the Real Flight screen saver and click on, then hit apply. Simple as that. Its in the same place all your
screen savers are stored.

I have G3.5.065 but there is No Screen saver.

Must be because of ;
1/ G3.5 dose not have one
or
2/ My G3.5.065 came from G3.0.XXX
or
3/ My PC settings are not turned on some how ?

Bryce.

HX3D014 said:
I have G3.5.065 but there is No Screen saver.

Must be because of ;
1/ G3.5 dose not have one
or
2/ My G3.5.065 came from G3.0.XXX
or
3/ My PC settings are not turned on some how ?

Bryce.

Its there, installed in your windows screen saver directory. Just follow the directions
to activate it I wrote above.

Which One ?

Attachments

• Which One.jpg
    Which One.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 89
Interesting, I just bought Real Flight 3.5 last month from Tower and installed it
complete. Then I let it update to the latest version. Did you use a custom install
function and uncheck the screensaver install option ?

Mine was there and I did not even realize I had till the first post asked where to
find it. Then I looked right where your screenshot is and Real Flight was on the list.
Pretty cool screensaver to with music added.

You might need to re-install to find it. I have so many screensavers on mine that
I can`t even get screenshot of complete list since you must scroll down to find it.

If you have a G3.5 screensaver, it came out of the box. Mine is as old as it could be, and I don't have it.

from what I can see from what people have said is if you bought G3 and up graded to G3.5 you don't have the screen saver but, if you bought it after it was called G3.5 on the box you got the screen saver.

I bought G.3 and then upgraded to G3.5 and have it? I never noticed it till I looked for the G.4 screen saver though. I don't use a screen saver so it does not really matter to me. Weird.

tnorton12000 said:
I bought G.3 and then upgraded to G3.5 and have it? I never noticed it till I looked for the G.4 screen saver though. I don't use a screen saver so it does not really matter to me. Weird.
LOL well there goes that theory :confused:

JimK said:
Interesting, I just bought Real Flight 3.5 last month from Tower and installed it
complete. Then I let it update to the latest version. Did you use a custom install
function and uncheck the screensaver install option ?

Mine was there and I did not even realize I had till the first post asked where to
find it. Then I looked right where your screenshot is and Real Flight was on the list.
Pretty cool screensaver to with music added.

You might need to re-install to find it. I have so many screensavers on mine that
I can`t even get screenshot of complete list since you must scroll down to find it.
I don’t Remember that Option. but,

First I installed G3
Then the Heli Patch
Then the G3.5 upgrade as a download ( Option #2 from the RF Update website. http://www.realflight.com/updates.html )
Then the Updates per the Launcher.

I never use Screensavers anyway. so maybe I won't go through the long process of Updating via the Launcher (Dial up :( )

But, if I have to "install all again" one day. Then I will give it an update from the G3 launcher.

Bryce.

I have webshots for my wallpaper and screensaver. It would be easy to load screenshots that has been saved from RF in to webshots. :)

Webshots is a program you can download that runs your wallpaper and screensaver pics. It is free (or you can pay a fee to get better quality pics) and you can go on the site and download pictures (lots and lots of pictures) From is community gallery. It also lets you load your own pics. from your computer into it. Just go on this site http://www.webshots.com/ and register with webshots and download the program.

PS. I have found thousands of plane and heli shots there! :D :D :D

Attachments

• grfk_webshots_desktop_app.jpg
    grfk_webshots_desktop_app.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 74
really?

HX3D014 said:
I never use Screensavers anyway.
Bryce.
You may just be the ONLY parent of a two year old in the whole world that doesn't have a million pix flying by every few seconds as a screensaver slide show. :p

I use ACDsee 32 V2.3 for slide shows. Very easy. have had it since 1999. and have not needed any other tool to create or generate a slide show :)

My little boy already has a different Slide show he likes to watch and interact with now and then. This one is good. I can Get it to run at about 25FPS some times ;) RF on my PC.

We do take a lot of Pics so we do some times scroll through them now and then. but mostly we just look at them as we down load and wait till they Become Good memories ;) (Already the Day he was born seems so long ago.

I will tell him that Uncle RJ says hello. (PS how long before they Start to speak English <Or Japanese in his mothers case> ?)

FireFly617
PS. I have found thousands of plane and heli shots there!
Sounds Enticing :)

Screen Saver Food for thought

I found a program on the web that uses my phone video's as screen savers!

Steps to create videos:
1) Use the record feature in the Realflight version you have.
2) Play-back the recorded video.
3) Use your phone or tablet to create another video of the play-back recording.
Hint: you can keep the Name-Tag out of the video IF your careful for near real quality!
4) Upload your video from phone/tablet to your computer (in a folder of your choice).

Next:
5) Install the RodFlashVideo onto your computer (rodflash.com v1.0 freeware).
6) Make RodFlashVideo as the screen saver (use settings to find your video).
7) Now you have your favorite RealFlight recording as a screen saver.

I have a GREAT 3D PA-360 flight (lazily rolling around one of my favorite flying fields) for my screen saver!
And it looks great!

I can't wait to build a whole library of recordings!!!

Enjoy,
D

Back