Screenshots...

There was no rebate / trade-in the UK when G3 came out :( I can only hope Ripmax (UK distributor for realfight) does something special for G4 since its main competition in the UK is approximately half the price.

Nice screenshots BTW ;)

Last edited:
nemo_uk: Yeah. I ordered mine from Als Hobbies because it was $70-80 less than Ripmax, and you got a small discount for ordering online, making it only a tiny bit more than the US retail price. :D Ripmax seem to live up to their name. They rip you off to the max compared to other shops/the retail prices in the US. It can't seriously cost the amount they're adding on to their prices to import things to the UK in bulk. I suppose it's to pay for expensive suits and Porsches. :rolleyes: Would be nice if the rebate applied to people in the UK though, mostly because I bought G3.5 15days ago. :( heh

guest_jo: No, I meant what I said; importing files (ie, custom models, colour schemes, configuration profiles, etc). ;) I'm happy to find out that they've included this in the update. I managed to skip past the end of the line in the announcement thread that mentioned it. :eek:

Last edited:
Zelatio said:
So you guys added HDR lighting, water, a couple fun yet useless gadgets, and most likely a $200 price tag?

Thanks but no thanks.

This should be G3.6, not G4. Nothing that drastic has changed. The HDR looks pretty, sure, but now even more people will waste money on trying upgrade their PC's to make it look good. I know I will be sticking with G3 for a long time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

couldn't agree with you more...
.. and it really sucks for the people who just purchased g3.5 :rolleyes:

I'll buy it for the water alone, being that I fly float planes! Not to mention a better controller, not that mine has ever broke.

I also think that the quality of the screenshots is quite bad considering that they come from KE. I hope thats because of bad settings otherwise I already hear the laughter of the Reflex owners (who don´t have to laugh too much anyways :D :D )

Just curious (as I'm sure most everyone is) will you be attaching more information / screenshots of some of the "new" features, so we can better understand what exactly we would be getting? Or will this have to wait until the "official debut" this weekend? Also a list of included models (or just the extra ones) would be nice to know also.

It most definitely on my xmas wish list if for the controller alone. I can't wait to check out the water effects. I do wish they would put out a separate program(or include it :D ) to make it easier to make are own models. Something simple like wings3d with the addition of pivot points, naming hierarchy, kex exporter, and all the other stuff we need. From what I can tell from the ads Reflex has something like this.

pplace said:
Just curious (as I'm sure most everyone is) will you be attaching more information / screenshots of some of the "new" features, so we can better understand what exactly we would be getting? Or will this have to wait until the "official debut" this weekend? Also a list of included models (or just the extra ones) would be nice to know also.
After the Announcement at the Trade Show. Could we get a chance to Download the manual ? this may help get things going ?

Bryce.

Does G4 fix the problem with pitching up in helicopter FF?

I will hold off on the upgrade until this feature is fixed. This bug in the current G3.5 makes helicopter ff flight very unrealistic.

Dan, KE6D

Right now, I'm not worried about the price.

its just importing all the customs into G4, unless they have a smart installation and transfers them, I remember when I switched from internet explorer and during the installation of Mozilla FireFox it asked if I wanted to transfer my favorites to it.
Maybe this can apply to G4, but transferring customs.

are you guys gonna ake the g4 an update for g3.5 users also, or would i ahve to buy a whole new realflight if i wanted it.

harv

josh0987 said:
Right now, I'm not worried about the price.

its just importing all the customs into G4, unless they have a smart installation and transfers them, I remember when I switched from internet explorer and during the installation of Mozilla FireFox it asked if I wanted to transfer my favorites to it.
Maybe this can apply to G4, but transferring customs.
- Many, many user-interface and general usability improvements. For example, it is now possible to import multiple swap page items at once.

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?p=93912#post93912

I must admit, I have mixed feelings about this. I don't fly on water and have no intention to ever do so - so all of these screen shots of water do nothing to encourage me to upgrade. Springing landing gear could (and should) have been added to G3.5 months ago. Better graphics, um gee thanks, so now it'll run slower on my system unless I upgrade that as well.

I'm just not seeing any benefits - at least not for me. I use the program to train my thumbs and to learn new maneuver without braking my airplanes - spending another $200 (even if it is just a fraction of what I spend on this hobby each year) for G4 probably isn't going to do a lot to help me train my thumbs.

Thanks for the upgrade KnifeEdge, I'll get back to you some time later when I decide if I want it ... or not.

josh0987 said:
I was not talking about that... I was talking about ALL the models I CURRENTLY have and moving them to G4....

:p

Uninstall G3.5 and all of the updates.

Save off what remains in your

C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Planes
C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Colorschemes
C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Engines

Folders.

Move those into the same folders under

C:\Program Files\RealflightG4

Done.

Back