Server issues

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
We are experiencing server problems due to high traffic. It is being worked on even as I type this, but I've been forced to take down the Registration Server in the meantime. That means no registration, online updates, or public multiplayer sessions.

Once this is all straightened out, I will post follow-up messages to help you work through any update issues caused by the server's non-responsiveness. I also have reason to believe that most of the update issues people have described over the past couple weeks have been related to this same problem, so the good news is things should work much better when we're done.

UPDATE: It has become necessary to leave the Registration Server down overnight. Hopefully we'll have things worked out sometime tomorrow, but at this point I can't make any promises. I will post updates if/when anything significant changes.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Update

As you may have already noticed, we have the Registration Server up and running on a trial basis while we try to figure out what's going wrong. Online updates may incur errors during this time, so attempt them at your own discretion. We're still working things out.

The server maintenance will continue over the weekend. We expect the Registration Server to remain operational during most of that time, but it will probably continue to respond sluggishly or intermittently. The server will be down for hardware upgrades at some point, most likely Saturday morning.

Back