Service pack 1 download for U-can-fly 3D

dke56

Hello and forgive me in advance as I am a newbie to this group and this post may not be in the correct forum.

I picked up an awesome GP U-can-do 3D equipped with an OS .91 4-stroke. It flys great and I am looking to advance my skills using a RF model of this plane. I currently have RF 9.5S which does not include this plane and have searched for a long time trying to find any EA file on the swap pages. I have been able to find some paint schemes and other mods, but they all say that service pack 1 for the U-can-do 3D is required. Can someone please give a pointer to where I can access RF planes by the version they were included in. I believe that I used to be able to do this when Knife Edge was still around.

Thanks in advance, -David

Last edited:
It is worth noting that "service pack" typically has a specific meaning in software which does not apply here. I believe technoid correctly inferred that you were referring to RealFlight Expansion Packs. I mention this not to chasten you but simply to clarify in the hope of preventing any future misunderstanding.

Content on the swap pages will always state any prerequisite content if applicable. For example:
1659379448585.png

In the past, RealFlight.com listed all the Expansion Packs and you could browse the list of aircraft and airports they contained. Is that what you're thinking of? Since those products were discontinued I don't believe they are listed on the website anymore.

Thank you both technoid and Ryan for responding to my query. I did refer to my search as a service pack and that was incorrect, as was my post title of "u-can-fly'. I am looking for anyone (assuming RF will not have an issue with it) that may have the U-can-do 3D_EA file. I was able to find some variants, but they all require the prerequisite of U-can-fly 3D from expansion pack 1.

I have yet to import these variants and see if RF9.5s will take them as is, but I am not holding my breath. It's too bad that the expansion packs look to be gone. I enjoyed getting some Carl Goldberg models in the past. Maybe the expansion packs are archived in an area I am unaware of or a way to access them via FTP.

You have to have the U-Can-Do 3D EA installed on your PC first, then you will be able to install the AV's.

The other news - I've tried some of the planes from my old expansion packs (sorry, but not pack 1). Graphics rendering is pretty poor with newer RF. Usable, but not real pretty. RF has gone through a number of refinements in its physics modeling, and the old/really old planes can need an awful lot editing in the Aircraft Editor to even fly "kind of" like the original.
You may want to consider searching here about how to create your own color schemes. Find a stock (or more current EA) that looks and flies close enough to the U-Can-Do, and repaint it.

Thanks guys. Flapper, I think that your suggestion is probably the best one. Perhaps when the rain returns to the Northwest, I will read/learn on how to edit current models. I am sure it beats watching reality TV. Right now I just have to fly while the skys are blue

Back