Setting up Spektrum DX8 question

jasond

Am I missing something? I connected my DX8 to the back of my Elite Interlink with the included cable that came with it. Everything calibrates, and I can assign channels everything works. I can even fly a model that I want, but as soon as I crash I can't reset the aircraft. I push the red reset button on the interlink but no joy.

When I select to fly with the Interlink by itself it resets perfectly, but not with DX 8 transmitter in control.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

The InterLink Elite's reset button only resets your model when the InterLink is your selected controller. We expect people using the sim this way to reset via the space bar.

Unlike previous versions of RealFlight, you do not need to select the InterLink before pressing the Reset button to validate your controller.

Ok Thanks good to know. Great software by the way. The only thing that would make it perfect is if you could slow down the physics in the helihover training mode. I know, but it kind of makes sense when you consider a lot of people like to learn slow.

Oh and another thing when I'm running the Real Flight with my transmitter through the interlink, the physics tab for speed has no affect. The program only runs at 100%, is that normal?

When I go back to interlink I can slow it down or speed it up just fine.

Will Individual DX8 Models work in RF 7.0

The new the RF 7.0 USB Interface enables me to cleanly connect my DX8's trainer port. That is awesome.

If I have RF 7.0 up and running. I choose to load the SuperCub.EA

Do I have to have to create a generic model in my DX8 that is to be used for all models in RF 7.0 or can I use the Super Cub model I have programmed into my DX8 in channel 14?

Then when I am ready - can I load the Raptor 60.EA in RF 7.0 and then dial-in my Raptor 60 in channel 22 on my DX8 and fly the Raptor in RF 7.0?

Do I have to have to create a generic model in my DX8 that is to be used for all models in RF 7.0 or can I use the Super Cub model I have programmed into my DX8 in channel 14?

You can do either.

It depends upon how you set up the configuration initially.

If you select "software radio" your DX8 works much like the Interlink does... with any plane and without needing to adjust the models at all.

If you do not select that, then you can let your radio's mixes take over, but you loose compatibility with included and swap file planes... You must edit each plane as needed.

I prefer the former, and I've set up a "Simulator" slot in my DX18 for the sim to use.

when I'm running the Real Flight with my transmitter through the interlink, the physics tab for speed has no affect. The program only runs at 100%, is that normal?

When I go back to interlink I can slow it down or speed it up just fine.

I could not reproduce that here. When I adjust the Physics Speed slider while flying with a radio hooked up to the InterLink Elite, it produces the expected results.

Depending on how much you adjust it, the effect can be subtle enough that's it's difficult to detect. Did you try cranking it all the way down to 25%?

Back