Simulator bundle?

Sean6

Hi all
I would like to know if the RealFlight Trainer Edition, Or RealFlight Full Edition are bundled with any actual RC model like they used to ?

I would also want to know if there is an option for a wireless transmitter in either of the real flight editions.

Thank you!

Sometimes Horizon Hobby will run a special where they do bundle a plane, transmitter, and RealFlight.

RealFlight (any edition) is easiest to get up and running with the InterLink DX controller, a controller with a USB cable that plugs into the computer.

However, you can use RealFlight (any edition) with any other Spektrum transmitter when you combine it with the WS2000 USB receiver, often called the "dongle". Getting the WS2000 going with another transmitter will take a bit of setup work to map the controls on the transmitter to RealFlight's simulated radio channels. There is a limitation in the WS2000 in that it only supports 8 radio channels, so if you use it with a transmitter that has more than 8 channels, you'll be confined to the first eight. The InterLink DX is roughly equivalent to a 15-channel transmitter, as every switch and knob on it does something in RealFlight.

Not that I'm aware of. And frankly, I haven't seen one in a while. The place to look would be horizonhobby.com.

If you're looking for a deal, another way to get RealFlight is to join the RC Club Elite program at horizonhobby.com. It's $130/year to be a member, but membership includes a full version of RealFlight Evolution and the yearly pass for additional planes and fields. If you buy stuff from the Web site, then it also includes a rewards program and free 2-day shipping.

Back