Slow Stick

tgregg6721

I am new to R/C flying but have had Basic for a year. I am learning to fly with a "Slow Stick" plane. I don't seem to find anything similar on Basic. Anyone have a suggestion. Seems to me since most newbies start with a Slow Stick it would be a good addition. Maybe it is on the new version?

More question. To upgrade after Basic do I have to buy a whole new package for $150? If that is so I guess I'll stick to Basic. Basic was $100 so to upgrade I'd have $250 invested, don't think it can possibly be worth that much more over Basic. Love some comments

Yes you will need to purchase the whole thing all over again. The RealFlight Basic controller with not work with Realflight 7.5. Purchasing the full version of RealFlight is always the best option. You might try looking for a used copy of RealFlight on Ebay. Versions G4 and up can be upgraded to 7.5. Just make sure that you get the interlink with the software.

As far as the plane in question, there's not a exact copy of the Slow Stick in RealFlight 7.5 but there's models that are similar. They will fly very close to the way your aircraft will fly.

That model Doug referred to will work with G3 to RF7.5. Any used copy of RealFlight in that range will work with it.

EBAY First time!

Thanks for the EBAY suggestion, I got the 5 version for $70 so when it comes I'll try and figure out how to load the slow stick on. I'm 72 years old so a little techno slow!

That should work just fine for you. One thing you will need to check is if the original owner unregistered it so that you can register it in your name. This usually can be done via tech support using the Grey bar at the top of the forum. This is so you can get any updates your entitled to. You can upgrade G5 to G5.5 for free. When you get the software, come back here for any further questions.

FYI Unregistering of the G5 I bought is not needed as I ordered the RF7.5 which is a whole new program with its own serial number which I can then register in my name.
I want to put the model that Doug posted for Slow Stick but I need some advice on how to do it. By way of explanation I am 72 years old so not as quick on this stuff as many of you young folks. Gregg

Basic upgrade

Hello, following this thread, I have basic and can select airports and aircraft but cant adjust wind or anything else, is there a way to do that? Also would like to upgrade but know that I would have to buy a new package, will the controller work with a G4 or G5 if I just buy the CD? thanks old guy also and new to RC.. J

The page up and page down buttons may control the wind. You have no upgrade path with realflight basic,even with the old versions. Used versions of realflight can be bought with their controllers on Ebay and other auction sites for good prices.

U forgot to mention the interlink controller is the same controller in versions 4 thru 7.5. They all came with the interlink elite edition.

Back