So, resolution and other hardware options missing?

Ty89m

Is this an odd limitation of the trainer edition? I've been running 7.5 for years, and most certainly have access to resolution, full screen, refresh rate etc, but those options are are very much missing from the trainer edition.. That's odd.

Is this an odd limitation of the trainer edition? I've been running 7.5 for years, and most certainly have access to resolution, full screen, refresh rate etc, but those options are are very much missing from the trainer edition.. That's odd.
If you've been using 7.5 for years, you don't need (or want) the trainer edition. Order the boxed set, 2 DVD, Rf9.5 with the new InterlinkDX controller.

marcus

Correct, it came with my E-Flite Draco and I plan to upgrade to the full 9.5, but wanted to make sure I don't spend $70 to find out I'm missing important settings. I just wanted to find out if that's normal or if I'm having a technical issue. Seems odd to leave stuff like that out regardless of it being a stripped version.

And I'll be using my NX8/Jeti DS-12 for the sims, unless there's something compelling about the interlinkDX? I still have my old interlink from 7.5 as well.

Correct, it came with my E-Flite Draco and I plan to upgrade to the full 9.5, but wanted to make sure I don't spend $70 to find out I'm missing important settings. I just wanted to find out if that's normal or if I'm having a technical issue. Seems odd to leave stuff like that out regardless of it being a stripped version.
Yes, I agree... but, can't answer completely, because I do not have access to the trainer version; although, I have heard others attest to the fact that it is a seriously stripped down version (meant for training, investigating).

And I'll be using my NX8/Jeti DS-12 for the sims, unless there's something compelling about the interlinkDX? I still have my old interlink from 7.5 as well.
The thing that is compelling about the InterlinkDX is that all sim channels work out of the box, including 'reset' and select wheel... not only all channels work but the controller may be used as a mouse for selecting airplanes, airfields, etc. Its really handy.

On the other hand, your NX8 will be just fine for most planes and helis, and the button 'I' can be used for 'reset'; although, you can't use the scroll wheel to select aircraft|airfields. I use my NX10 almost exclusively with Rf9.5 (updated) and have had no issues... with the exception that I found the mag usb cable too short. I'm using a 3' foot usb extension cable with mine.

marcus

Great info, thank you! Can you confirm that all the expected hardware/graphical options are present in the full 9.5 version? I'm sure they are, but wanted to double check.

Great info, thank you! Can you confirm that all the expected hardware/graphical options are present in the full 9.5 version? I'm sure they are, but wanted to double check.
Of course not; most of the hardware/graphical options are your PC and Windows10 ! Stay away from AMD / Radeon gpus and apus. You don't need a power game machine, but an i5 processor or better, and an NVidia card (good amount of video memory) will go a long ways. I recommend a dedicated sim notebook; mine is a Dell G5 5500 gaming notebook, i7 processor 1660 Ti NVidia card... also has integrated graphics too, by Intel.

The full version also does not include 'all' aircraft available. The swap pages have many many additional aircraft. Also, there is an add-on pack(s) available for download. That said, the full version is what you would expect, and you'll be happy with it.

marcus

We removed exclusive fullscreen mode in RealFlight Trainer Edition. That means settings like resolution and refresh rate which are only applicable in fullscreen went away too.

RFTE uses your current desktop resolution.

Back