Soft start on helis?

bmc76

Is there a way to skip or speed up soft start on helis? Realism is good but sometimes after a crash I'd like to get past the spool up a little quicker.

I think I tried that but using the sim drop down menu. I spooled up the e7 on the ground, then hit the remember position button. Now when I hit reset it goes back to that position spooled up but spools down quickly and then soft starts again.

have heli on the ground spinning up to takeoff head speed... press the "P" key and everytime you reset the sim.. the heli will be ready for takeoff as long as you have not dropped the throttle or throttle hold...

I use this all the time, so I know it works.

bmc76, the tricks others mentioned above will all work.

If you're looking for a way to actually edit the models to behave differently, you can modify the headspeed governor's Throttle Armed Threshold value. Set it to a higher value for a quicker spool-up.

Note that a more abrupt spool-up will necessarily rotate the whole heli more on the ground.

Attachments

• Heli spool up.PNG
    Heli spool up.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 9
Hey guys sorry for taking so long to follow up, the "P" works great, thanks for the tips. Really helps to get more out of the practice sessions, especially when using say an X5 that has a very long start up.

Back