Solved JR transmitter problem

Standouglas

For several years I have attempted off and on to get my JR equipment to work with the cable supplied with my 4.0 version of RF. I was never able to get RF to recognize that I had plugged in the JR transmitter. I even bought another OEM cable.

The other day I decided to see what was up with this configuration and I metered the cable to identify the 6 pin connections and then took the RF controller apart. To my amazement the hot wire (not ground) was connected to a different pin than the one used by both cables. Only 2 of the 6 pins are used.

I moved the cable in the controller to the correct pin and now my JR equipment works fine! Works with my upgraded RFV 6 too.

I probably won't use the JR often, but it bugged me that it wouldn't work and no one seemed to have an answer. I think if I was going to use the controller in external mode I'll replace the funky 6 pin connector with a JR female plug receptacle so I can just use a JR trainer cord and bypass the one supplied in RF. It would be easy to add the plug in parallel with the existing 6 pin one.

Cheers,
Stan;)

hi stan

do yuo perhaps have a drawing of how to connect a JR tx'er to the PC,I have a JR radio but no PC cable..what cable do I need

2bguru
Namibia

You don't connect your JR to the PC. You connect it to your Interlink controller that you got when you bought RF. check your box for the cable.

(Notice I assumed nothing? ;))

interlink controler

hi..all ya flying experts

I live in NAMIBIA..I Don't have a interlink unit, cannot find 1 separate and cannot afford a US $200 simulator kit either..a friend in SA gave me his old Esky FMS,,,Anybody willing to donate a interlink controller not in use...same for a 2.4Ghz Radio..dont need a HIGH TECH BRAND NEW unit , but desperate for a good condition 6ch transmitter with a 2.4Ghz receiver..

Namibia is a very nice place to live...y but RC spares and other goodies...VERY VERY HARD to get hold of..

Mike
2bguru.....:eek::confused:

So where did you get Real Flight (I assume you have it, since this a is a RF and not a Esky forum)? Sounds like it wasn't difficult for you to come by. If you can't afford a $200 sim, then you shouldn't be using a $200 sim.

Last edited:
I live in Texas
If anybody can donate a 42 inch LED TV,
or An Eratix 3d
or maybe even a new PC
thats not in use
let me know
I can't afford these things
so I thought I'd try here as well
:p:p

As long as we are just wishing, I live 5 mins from Maj., and I would wish for cold air, AC, maube some block ice and fans, or maybe a cruse to Alaska.

Back