Somethin' Special

I feel bad now....I just carted my Sig Somethin' Extra to the dump, since I didn't have the gumption to repair the crushed wing panel. Now after seeing this model for RF, I'm regretting not doing the work!

thanks technoid another excellent build on your Somewthin Extra , this one flys very close to my RL one , the float version will be just right for me as thats how my Somethin Extra has spent most of its life on floats :)

Thanks guys!

I've been working on the float version today and I've updated the CS TGA for the final mapping and moved the plane from RF8 where it started to RF9. So now the only thing left to do is update the SPEC MAP for the final mapping and it will be ready for release. So I suppose next weekend I'll release the float version.

Thanks guys!

I've been working on the float version today and I've updated the CS TGA for the final mapping and moved the plane from RF8 where it started to RF9. So now the only thing left to do is update the SPEC MAP for the final mapping and it will be ready for release. So I suppose next weekend I'll release the float version.

Sounds good. From "Junk" to a great model.

Sounds good. From "Junk" to a great model.

The funny thing is since I haven't been able to find anything I wanted to model I've been thinking about doing the Junker like I started to do, just a piece mill type of thing with jumbled up parts making a plane. But then that's as much work and doing a real plane so I don't know what I'll do.

Thank you BrokeDad for the Red and Black CS!

You're welcome. I like having color options. Hopefully over this upcoming vacation I can improve my skills in the CS area and create some from scratch like the other guys do here. I did another but don't want to flood the swap pages.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1572179314.jpg
    ScreenShot1572179314.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 6
I updated the SPEC MAP this morning for the final mapping so the float version is ready to release, so this weekend is it.

I updated the SPEC MAP this morning for the final mapping so the float version is ready to release, so this weekend is it.

I have to admit I fly the float version more, so I am eagerly awaiting that release.
S.S. Float is perfect in the RF-X choppy waters (have you tried it at Harbor Dock ?) and great for lake hopping when I am in the explore mode.

I have to admit I fly the float version more, so I am eagerly awaiting that release.
S.S. Float is perfect in the RF-X choppy waters (have you tried it at Harbor Dock ?) and great for lake hopping when I am in the explore mode.

Yes I've flown it at Harbor Dock and you're right it does work well there. I've also done lake hopping too, that's pretty cool. I also like to fly it at Alpine Lake in RF-X. Boy they really messed up by not continuing development of RF-X. Oh.. I forgot have you ever updated your monitor? I'm sure you told me but my memory is very short.

The float version is nice for flying around all the islands in the world Moto Guzzi started and I added to I call BrokeDad's World. This is in RF9. I scaled one up double to match the planes there.

I'll just toss this up here if anyone really wants it.

Attachments

• SS Silver-Blue_CS.RFX
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
this is the CS i have on my Sg Somethin Extra for Technoid's excellent Version the Somethin Special i had to delete the CS due to missing the goasted writing on the main wing i will fix that and repost it later

Last edited:
Back