Spektrum InterLink DX features and benefits

I ordered the Interlink DX also from Horizon Hobbies. Hopefully the one backordered item doesn't hold everything else up from shipping. If so I'll call Monday and cancel that single item (Belt for 360CFX) as it's only so I have a spare when needed.

Try Tower Hobbies

I ordered the Interlink DX also from Horizon Hobbies. Hopefully the one backordered item doesn't hold everything else up from shipping. If so I'll call Monday and cancel that single item (Belt for 360CFX) as it's only so I have a spare when needed.

I ordered from Tower hobbies and considering I am in Perth Western Australia its taking only 6 days. Very impressed with Tower.

TomC, RealFlight 8 does not contain all of the advanced mapping software necessary to handle all of the new 3-position switches. Most importantly, it lacks new tri-state control type that we use to set up the 3-position switches on the DX in RF9.

The Tactic-based InterLink-X, with it's 10 channels, maxed out the old system, and we had to rework switch handling for the InterLink DX's 15 channels.

These mapping features are a major improvement, and will offer better compatibility with other types of controllers, whether they're flight sticks, direct USB connections to high-end radios, or any other complex controller hardware.

To some degree, the controller implementation is invisible to the user, but each new controller we add requires serious development work. This was the largest controller update in quite some time.

Well it's good we finally have a great controller to the same standard of the old Elite Controllers. I still use my old Elite at work for a sneaky fly at lunch so I am looking forward to going back to Quality and a market leading controller. I never mind paying for better quality and upgraded functionality. The controller alone is worth the upgrade even if I can't see much going on in RF9 but sounds like that will change when I get the DX!

Good one mate. I think you are really going to like this. I used to be a member of the Tower club as well. Def worthwhile for these kind of purchases. I think I paid ~$A30 freight for my rf9 combo from HH. I would have gone with Tower but at the time they did not have the combo in stock. I probably should have waited another couple of days, lol!

Ah just once I have outdone Tom C, I'll class that as a win mate :) and thanks for the DX reports made it an easy purchase for me.

I have my DX now and for whatever reason it gives far better control in RF9 than the old controllers ignoring the superior amount of channels. RF9 is chalk and cheese when using the old controller compared to the new one. Flying helicopters on rf9 there seemed to be a resolution or a delay in fine inputs that resulted in small pilot induced oscillations at times . The new controller is very crisp and has a solid feeling on the aircraft especially the helicopters ?.

I have my DX now and for whatever reason it gives far better control in RF9 than the old controllers ignoring the superior amount of channels. RF9 is chalk and cheese when using the old controller compared to the new one. Flying helicopters on rf9 there seemed to be a resolution or a delay in fine inputs that resulted in small pilot induced oscillations at times . The new controller is very crisp and has a solid feeling on the aircraft especially the helicopters ?.

That's good to hear mine's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

It has much better resolution than the older ones in the gimbals. The adjustment screws were pretty tight but the right screwdriver got them moving. It was set up too tight and with too much friction at first for my liking. It is nice you came make those adjustments right on the front without opening it up. I was able to get it configured for all my other sims as well.

Last edited:
It has much better resolution than the older ones in the gimbals. The adjustment screws were pretty tight but the right screwdriver got them moving. It was set up too tight and with too much friction at first for my liking. It is nice you came make those adjustments right on the front without opening it up. I was able to get it configured for all my other sims as well.

Mine was very smooth out of the box and all I had to do was lower the stick height so I guess it depends on who assembled it and if they were heavy on the tools!

Ya, my InterLink DX was also just about perfect out of the box. I ended taking a little tension out of my right stick vertical (pitch/elev mode 2) and now it's pretty well exactly how I have my DX18 setup. I always like a little more tension on rudder and roll sticks in order to help avoid cross-interactions with throttle and pitch. Probably a bit of a cheat, lol!

I received my Interlink DX yesterday and have a request. I still use RF-X all the time and there are a lot of RF-X users out there so adding Interlink DX support to the final RF-X update you said would be released would be great. No need to do anything else but add DX support for the same number of channels the Interlink-X supported but having the ability to use the same Interlink for RF-9 and RF-X would be a great gift for all us RF-X supporters.

I received my Interlink DX yesterday and have a request. I still use RF-X all the time and there are a lot of RF-X users out there so adding Interlink DX support to the final RF-X update you said would be released would be great. No need to do anything else but add DX support for the same number of channels the Interlink-X supported but having the ability to use the same Interlink for RF-9 and RF-X would be a great gift for all us RF-X supporters.

I agree with that request, give back to the loyal RF-X users, it would be a great parting gift.

I'm not really sure but I think that the problem making the new Spektrum InterLink DX compatible with RFX is probably the same with RF7.5 and earlier versions. That is, the older Interlink controllers had their own serial # and this was used to ensure that while you could download the software onto multiple PC's, you could only use one of these at a time.

Also, there is the different channel mapping that would need to be re-programmed.

Still, I agree it would be nice!

BTW, glad to hear you are all pretty happy with your Interlink DX's (except for that Kramer guy who cannot hear the beeps, lol!). I still believe that you will never get the best out of RF9 without this controller. Also, all my other sims that use this seem better as well.

Last edited:
My new controller came yesterday. I already had RF9.
As BD said, the sticks, except for throttle, are too tight. Adjusting screws are also tight, lol.
I'm happy with the controller ops, very precise. When I aligned it, however, RF9 said there remained one channel of 7 total not calibrated. Maybe for future use.
I believe it's a worthwhile buy.

I noticed some small plugs above and below both Throttle and Elevator sticks on the InterlinkDX.

What are those used for?

I have tried to control the area 51 aircraft... epic fail.

I noticed some small plugs above and below both Throttle and Elevator sticks on the InterlinkDX.

What are those used for?

I have tried to control the area 51 aircraft... epic fail.

Those plugs may be there to protect mounting or adjustment screws? Otherwise, they have no useful purpose that I can see. Please feel free to remove one and let us know what you find out. Thanks.

As far as Area 51 aircraft goes, maybe you need an Alienware PC to control those, lol!

Those plugs may be there to protect mounting or adjustment screws? Otherwise, they have no useful purpose that I can see. Please feel free to remove one and let us know what you find out.

There is nothing under them I can see. So they are just there to cover up the hole. Perhaps in the newer real radios there is something there. I have an older DX9 and DX6i so they aren't molded the same.

I have had some issue with my rudder channel drifting 3-4 degrees which kept requiring re-calibration. I have cleaned the heck out of it and hope it's solved although I shouldn't have to do this on a new item. If it persists I will send it back to HH for repair or replacement.

There is nothing under them I can see. So they are just there to cover up the hole. Perhaps in the newer real radios there is something there. I have an older DX9 and DX6i so they aren't molded the same.

I have had some issue with my rudder channel drifting 3-4 degrees which kept requiring re-calibration. I have cleaned the heck out of it and hope it's solved although I shouldn't have to do this on a new item. If it persists I will send it back to HH for repair or replacement.

Thanks for looking under those pads, now we know!

As far as the rudder drift maybe check that your tension is not adjusted too low.

Also, I have found calibrating my controllers using the Windows joystick calibration tool helps.

Just go into windows control panel/device and printer/Interlink DX controller/right click and select Game controller settings/properties takes you to where you can use the Windows joystick calibration tool. Don't worry about what windows sees as what axis is what. Just centre and then exercise everything to full limits and then hit finish. After you do this calibrate in RF9 again. Hope this helps.

One last update and I don't care whether we have to reassign channels just make it compatible so it can see and use the Dx controller please.

I know the last beta of Phoenix allowed other USB controllers but still required the dongle for authentication or it wouldn't run. The same thing could be done for RF-X. I don't think people would mind having to have two things plugged in if it let them use the new controller. It could also be done for older RF's especially 7.5. It would really drive sales of the Interlink DX which would be good profit for HH.

I know the last beta of Phoenix allowed other USB controllers but still required the dongle for authentication or it wouldn't run. The same thing could be done for RF-X. I don't think people would mind having to have two things plugged in if it let them use the new controller. It could also be done for older RF's especially 7.5. It would really drive sales of the Interlink DX which would be good profit for HH.

I need to chime in on this one. Please don't make us have to use two controllers the software itself (RF-X) has a serial number which should be sufficient to make sure it's a legal copy. I can't imagine anyone wanting to keep two different controllers plugged in to use RF-X. People spent thousands of dollars to get RF-X running properly I think we deserve to be able to use the preferred controller going forward so we can enjoy flying in RF-X without jumping through hoops to do it. PLEASE like others have mentioned add support for the standard Interlink-X channels using the DX so we can enjoy the software we spent thousands of dollars to run, only to have it pulled out from under us. You owe the RF community that supported RF-X that much. Thank You for RF-X and please give us the parting gift of DX support.

Back