Spektrum InterLink DX features and benefits

I posted about this elsewhere but have had no replies so hopefully someone can help.

I'm from Australia where most pilots I know including myself, fly mode 1.
So, I have flipped the mode change switch on the back of the Interlink Spektrum DX to the far right in the red area and have adjusted tension accordingly and installed the software according to instructions..
However, when I fly, I'm finding the throttle is still on the left stick along with the rudder
Aileron and elevator are on the right stick which is opposite to what I need.
I've also carried out all the calibrations to no avail.
In other words, the controller is still set to mode 2 despite me changing it to mode 1.
I've had RF7.5 but used my own transmitter with no issues.
Can anyone please help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    373.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 12
I would have thought your DX controller should automatically send the stick movements to the correct channels for Mode 1 when you've moved the slider switch to that mode. You could try reassigning the channels manually in the Select Controller dialogue box then click edit.

I posted about this elsewhere but have had no replies so hopefully someone can help.

I'm from Australia where most pilots I know including myself, fly mode 1.
So, I have flipped the mode change switch on the back of the Interlink Spektrum DX to the far right in the red area and have adjusted tension accordingly and installed the software according to instructions..
However, when I fly, I'm finding the throttle is still on the left stick along with the rudder
Aileron and elevator are on the right stick which is opposite to what I need.
I've also carried out all the calibrations to no avail.
In other words, the controller is still set to mode 2 despite me changing it to mode 1.
I've had RF7.5 but used my own transmitter with no issues.
Can anyone please help?
hi Im from Wollongong Australia as well and fly Mode 1 usin a SpektrumDX6e If you look closely at the red are on your slider it actually has 2 positions for both mode1 and Mode3. you need to line the marker on the slide up with the first stop in Red if you go all the way to the right side you have set your controller to mode3 the small stopper you removed to be able to get acces to modes 1 and 3 then slips back in nicely to stop any body Accidently changing modes.
I Hope thi was Helpfull be well my Brother from OZ: cheers
Harley86

Hi just wanted to ask the good people here an issue I’m having with my DX. I find that my DX interlink does not hold the aileron calibration. Every time I login I have to recalibrate it, its off by about 5 points. I’m thinking one of the resistors are off. Any suggestions what to change or test?

Hi just wanted to ask the good people here an issue I’m having with my DX. I find that my DX interlink does not hold the aileron calibration. Every time I login I have to recalibrate it, its off by about 5 points. I’m thinking one of the resistors are off. Any suggestions what to change or test?
I recommend you go into your win10 device and printer, select your dx controller and recalibrate it. I have needed to do this in the past and this seemed to fix this for me.

Mine drifts too on aileron. I'm hoping deadband gets enabled in RF9.5 for the DX. Until then legoman pointed out you can add it manually by changing the channel input to complex and creating your graph as such (shows 3 percent deadband) :

a14101311-215-2020-09-26%2020_43_50-RealFlight%209.5%20_%20Knife%20Edge%20Forums%20and%203%20more%20pages%20-%20Profile%201%20-%20Microsof...jpg

Last edited:
So! My trainer has real flight 9 and I was wondering could I use the older controller! I have the interlink elite controller?

如果不使用InterLink DX執行RF9
在其他受支持的控制器
whether were able 可以在通道8模式下使用
閒置1和閒置2

Last edited:
I have tried the switch on the back of the InterLink DX on several occasions, and I just tried it again. On my recently purchased InterLink DX, the switch on the back only changes the mechanical gimble centering. It does not change any channel mapping. The switch positions are:
  • Far Left: Left stick horizontal centered/vertical free. Right stick both axes centered.
  • Middle Left: Both sticks centered on both axes.
  • Middle Right: Both sticks centered on both axes.
  • Far Right: Left stick both axes centered. Right stick horizontal centered/vertical free.
I have manually created a controller profile that maps the InterLink DX for Mode 1. I will happily email it to anyone that sends me a private message with their email. I will also create Mode 3 & 4 profiles for our drone and heli pilots and email them on request.

I will also do a tutorial in a separate post that shows how I did it. Look for "InterLink DX Controller Mode Channel Mapping Instructions" soon. I could also do a YouTube video if the demand is high enough.

I do think it's time that we got an official ruling on this, though even if it has been covered before.

@Ryan Douglas - Should the 4-position sliding switch on the back of the InterLink DX Controller remap the channel assignments internally within the Controller, or is it only intended to change the mechanical gimble centering?

The switch on the back changes the centering action without reordering the output. We have a case for adding a Mode 1 radio profile and plan to include that in an update soon.

Back