Spektrum WS2000 Dongle and NX10

Falcon195

If I am using the Spektrum WS2000 wireless dongle with my Spektrum NX10 transmitter do I have to rebind the NX10 with the WS2000 dongle every time I turn my computer and NX10 on? Or will the dongle and transmitter keep there bind even when turned off?

Just like a normal receiver, the WS2000 will remember the transmitter it has been bound to. You don't have to repeat the bind process every time you want to use it.

I have noticed that the WS2000 can go inactive. It needs to be in the bind mode to get it going again. I think this is just the way they are designed; (It seems that they are turned on by holding down the switch and plugging them in). Occasionally they go inactive and automatically reactivate already bound, but not always.

Edit: I am discovering that the only time an already plugged in WS2000 goes inactive is when you have switched models within the transmitter. If you keep on using the same profile model then your already plugged in WS2000 should work automatically!

Curious to hear other observations too.

Last edited:
Old thread here I know but need some advice.

Just downloaded RF Evolution and attempting to bind NX 10 to WS2000. I have my radio set on a model for the game controller but it will not bind. Is there something simple I may not be doing? Has anyone else had this problem?

Don't set the model for game controller mode. You would use that if you were going to connect your NX10 to the computer with a USB cable. It turns off the radio and makes the NX10 look like a game controller to Windows.

To go wireless with the WS2000, the NX10 should think it's talking to any other aircraft receiver. The WS2000 is basically a receiver on a USB stick.

For what it's worth, the WS2000 is limited to 8 channels. If you were to plug the NX10 in via USB, you'd get 10 channels. Something to keep in mind if you get to a point where you'd like one more switch to control something in RealFlight.

Back