Steam version question

mike.killian

I am running 9.5S, the Steam version. I do not see a directory to put the downloaded aircraft into. Does anyone know how I download new aircraft and get them into the Steam version? Thank, I am new.

Hello, the first thing you should do is go to "swap pages" click on "categories" then "Real Flight 9.5" "aircraft" "airplanes" and finally to "airplane models" you select the model you want and once on the screen to download you click on the orange button on the top right that says "download"

At this point I recommend that you create a folder on your computer (see photo) and in that folder you place all the files that you are downloading, if you create a folder by file type much better, I hope it will help you and if you have not understood something do not hesitate in asking, greetings!

Attachments

• Sin título-1.jpg
    Sin título-1.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Sin título-2.jpg
    Sin título-2.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Sin título-4.jpg
    Sin título-4.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Sin título-5.jpg
    Sin título-5.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Sin título-3.jpg
    Sin título-3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 9
To install the files you must go to "Simulation" then to "move" "RealFlight Archive (RFX, G3X) and find the file downloaded from swap pages and open it, that way there will be the model to use, to download color schemes and variants you should do the same respectively.

Attachments

• Sin título-6.jpg
    Sin título-6.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Sin título-7.jpg
    Sin título-7.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Sin título-8.jpg
    Sin título-8.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 7
I'd like to point out that there's ALREADY a download folder that's the default download location built into your Windows user directory. Just use it. And there's no reason to separate downloaded files by type. No matter how many files of however many different types are in your download folder, RF (and pretty much any Windows program) displays ONLY files it can use in the selection dialog and hides the ones it can't use. So you don't have to work around useless files. It doesn't hurt anything to create extra download folders and sort downloads into them, but IMHO, it's pretty much a waste of time to do so. If you just leave the default download location alone, you ALWAYS know EXACTLY where to look for the file you downloaded 6 months ago instead of having to remember where you put THAT file.

To install the files you must go to "Simulation" then to "move" "RealFlight Archive (RFX, G3X)
Great post, but in English RF, "Transladar" actually reads "Import" rather than "Move." I assume that this is simply a problem in RF's language files since translations are rarely exact.

I'm amazed at how many RF users try to import files into RF by double-clicking the .RFX file in file manager. I wish RF would implement the Windows standard handling by opening RF & automatically import the file rather than responding with something like "How do you want to open this file?" People expect it to import that way just like they expect double-clicking an .xlsx or .docx to open Excel or Word to handle those file types. It causes unnecessary confusion, and generates a lot of "How do import aircraft into RF" questions here.

Back