Strange Hover

abaser

Has anyone noticed that while hovering the McFoamy or Flexibles dominator,when you apply rudder the plane will pivot around the rudder and pull the nose side to side? I am no 3D guy, but I don't notice this happening on any other planes.

Last edited:
Hopefully flex can fix it. He did some stuff in the physics that I don't understand. It flies like it's on a string, doesn't it?

Prop warsh factor tends to cause that efect, but when you turnnit down, it breaks to many things. It is much worse in 6.

jeffpn said:
Hopefully flex can fix it. He did some stuff in the physics that I don't understand. It flies like it's on a string, doesn't it?
It reminds me more of those little demonstration planes with the stick and ball sticking out it's butt.

6 is broken

The Mcfoamie in G3.5 is as close as you will ever get a foamie to fly in any sim! In RF6 it sucks, also the DOMINATOR, and all 3D foamies I have tried to fix. I think 6 is broken, when it comes to 3D foamies. Also, while we’re at it, the EPP material in 6 blows big time. In G3.5 to get 6mil EPP to fly correctly, I used the Mass Scaling Factor of .40 with the lift on parts at or near to 200%, plus turning the prop wash factor up some. I always found that any plane needed some increase in prop wash to hover with any control at all.
I come back to something I think, but can not prove about prop wash in RF. I think the prop wash, in RF, is shaped like a cylinder, where as it should be shaped like a cone. When a model is flying in RF, every thing is normal to real world. Slight adjustments will fix just about anything. However, everything falls apart when planes either are in a hover, or flying in a control stall, which foamies do all the time.
My theory is that with little or no air flow over every thing, just prop wash that is shaped like a cylinder, the lack of a cone shape prop wash, causes a lack of lift, and control.
The model edits in 6, can’t over come the environment in 6.

Last edited:
I was wrong

I can prove the prop wash is a cylinder. I will post it.

Attachments

• ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 16
There is yet another problem. Foamies do a lot of there flying on prop wash, not air flow over the wings from forward motion. I don't think the prop wash is giving foamies any lift, which causes them to stall when flying very slow on prop wash.

I'm hoping Jim and the team are investigating both back torque and prop wash settings on a global level as the problem seems somewhat universal during low/no airspeed flight. Cool! A virtual wind tunnel!

Last edited:
Back