Strange, Unusual, Sci-Fi, and Movie Aircraft Request

Asymmetrics Can Fly

Apparently they managed to get one asymmetical design into the air; the BV-141. I've just always been intrigued by this 'outside the norm' kind of configuration. I have no idea what it would take to make the concept work in Realflight.

I just thought that the Zerstoerer looked a bit sleeker than the 141 which actually flew, and it certainly qualifies as strange and unusual in my estimation.

Attachments

• bv141-1.jpg
    bv141-1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 14
  • bv141_3v.jpg
    bv141_3v.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 16
Swarf said:
Apparently they managed to get one asymmetical design into the air; the BV-141. I've just always been intrigued by this 'outside the norm' kind of configuration. I have no idea what it would take to make the concept work in Realflight.

I just thought that the Zerstoerer looked a bit sleeker than the 141 which actually flew, and it certainly qualifies as strange and unusual in my estimation.
I'm surprised I haven't seen this one pop up. I was really wondering how it'd fly!

BryanEW710 said:
I'm surprised I haven't seen this one pop up. I was really wondering how it'd fly!

It is nice to see somebody else interested. I am gearing up, reading all the threads on modeling, but a project like this just seems too far out of reach for me.

I'm trying to pick an aircraft for my first project that isn't quite as intimidating. After looking at the Blohm & Voss 207/3, I decided I couldn't find enough information on it. I think I will try the Curtiss XP-55 Ascender. A few were actually flown, if not entirely successfully, and I also found some model plans (on the internets). An unusual configuration in it's own right, and probably an inspiration for some of Burt Rutan's early designs, like the VariEze, and Long-EZ. Wish me luck, lots of luck, I know I will need it.

Attachments

• curtiss_p-55.gif
    curtiss_p-55.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ascend1.jpg
    ascend1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 19
Disregard Previous Post

What a noob, I should have searched more. I searched the swap pages, and came up with nothing, but after searching the forums, it seems like somebody is working on an XP-55.

Back to the drawing board.

hello...
I need some help to setup a model like the pogo:
pogorealflight.jpg

I want to make this rocket... and this is my model:
Tintin_Objectif_lune.jpg
fuseerealflight.jpg

The pogo is in a vertical position in the simu, but horizontal in selection window...
pogorealflight.jpg
pogorealflight2.jpg

I don't have find how to make it standing vertical...

If somebody knows how to do that...thx

Last edited:
I've been wanting to get around to requesting this one...

I want / have been wanting to fly an RC flying HK (flying terminator) ever since I was a kid. Realflight is as close to reality as I can get to that dream. If someone wants to build one, I'll work on the physics. The one's from Terminator 2 only have 2 engines on the side, so I don't know if it would require an invisable turbine on the front or back to work correctly. Either way it's a fantasy vehicle.

I can't seem to find a 3 view of this thing, but here are some pics to start out the request with.

Attachments

• screen-used%20hunter-killer%20from%20Terminator.jpg
    screen-used%20hunter-killer%20from%20Terminator.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6
  • t2_hunterkiller1.jpg
    t2_hunterkiller1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 7
  • t2_hunterkiller21.jpg
    t2_hunterkiller21.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 9
  • terminator_12.jpg
    terminator_12.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 5
depeu said:
hello...

Originally this was done for the G3.5 plane by modeling the plane effectively "sideways".

In other words the co-ordinates were purposely NOT set up correctly.

This later created problems when attempting to conver the model for G4 and made things fairly difficult to handle with the physics modeling.

Inky00 had to redo the plane for G4.x and above.

You may want to PM him about the axis problem.

Here's a tip: Download the image yourself, and post it as an attachment. I wish they'd disable the IMG function in the forums. It wreaks havoc on my mobile!!!

You need to help out and do some research, 3-view pictures etc. Something similar to the pics below.

Good luck finding good pics of that gunship, I just looked for about a 1/2 hour and only came up with these.

Attachments

• ch8ships-2.jpg
    ch8ships-2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 10
  • ch8ships-3.jpg
    ch8ships-3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 8
  • gunship.jpg
    gunship.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 10
depeu said:
hello...
The pogo is in a vertical position in the sim, but horizontal in selection window...

The spawn position of the Pogo is defined by the location and pivot set up of the gear.As your rocket doesn't have any gear(wheels)to speak of i would suggest adding small cubes where the model touches the ground and call them ~CS_LG,~CS_RG and ~CS_SG or something along those lines,then add wheels to those cubes naming them ~CS_LW,~CS_RW and ~CS_SW.Now link them together in the hierachy and set the pivots up as shown in the pic.You must make sure that the gear pivots are set up so that the y axis points downwards and the wheel pivots must have there y axis pointing forwards and the x axis being there axis of rotation.If you need any more help just PM me and i will try to help you out.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 14
How About This!?

This is the X-02 Wyvern from the Ace combat videogame series. It features 2D thrust vectoring and unique forward-sweeping variable geometry wings. It would be an awesome combat-capable plane. Just an idea...

Attachments

• 300px-X02copy_copy.png
    300px-X02copy_copy.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 21
Better to download it to your computer from that site, and use the manage attachments function in the forums to upload it. Then you get a nice clickable thumbnail, instead of a ginormous picture.

Thanks

Im sorry I just started using this forum and I'm kind new to forums so thanks for the help and sorry about the huge picture. :( Does anybody else think all of the vtols I mentioned are good ideas. They will be challenges to make but they could be tons of fun to fly. :confused:

There is no such thing as a bad idea.
The challenge is finding someone(or yourself) to create it.
Give it a try ("I don't know how" doesn't fly around here) There are plenty of tutorials available to learn.

Good Luck.

Thanks

I would like to make my own planes. The kemax doesn't work on my computer, Or it maybe that I am not setting it up right. I know this is a request forum but can anybody help me with getting the software working on my computer. :confused: I would really appreciate it. I really want to start making my own planes.

Back