Strange, Unusual, Sci-Fi, and Movie Aircraft Request

After long hour of downloading manual for minititan v2 I didnt find 3-view picture in it :(
So,I decided to try to make "Venator class destroyer" from Star Wars film. :)

----------------------
Im not promising you that it will be ready soon

Attachments

• Безымянный.PNG
    Безымянный.PNG
    60.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Venator_class_Star_Destroyers_by_Balsavor.jpg
    Venator_class_Star_Destroyers_by_Balsavor.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
Starting out

Hey dima what software setup are you using for the project your working on I want to start making planes but the tutorial is giving me links that don't work. Can you send me an email or something. I have no clue what to do. :eek: I was kinda turned off to the idea of complicated software. I just want something easy to set up and use. :confused: If you could help that would be great. :D

Uhhh, Well the titlebar in his screenshot says "Wings3D" I'm pretty sure that was mentioned in the tutorials you read. :)

Which links aren't working by the way?

longboardlax14 said:
Hey dima what software setup are you using for the project your working on I want to start making planes but the tutorial is giving me links that don't work. Can you send me an email or something. I have no clue what to do. :eek: I was kinda turned off to the idea of complicated software. I just want something easy to set up and use. :confused: If you could help that would be great. :D

longboardlax14 said:
I was kinda turned off to the idea of complicated software. I just want something easy to set up and use. :confused:
I have some bad news for you. It ain't easy, but it is possible.

Venator is ready :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ScreenShot1272974632.jpg
    ScreenShot1272974632.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 16
  • ScreenShot1272974653.jpg
    ScreenShot1272974653.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks guys

It never mentions what software to download. I know it is hard to do but I need a free setup to make simple planes. If you can post some good free software links that would be great. I guess I need to know exactly what I need. What software is easiest to use? Most of the "useful links" are tutorials not software downloading sites. :eek: :eek:

Thanks guys

Sorry I seem like an idiot about this but it is a very complicated process but
I have found a wings 3D for dummies tutorial and I will go by that for now on. Thanks for the help and support. :D :D

I'd be interested to know what Wings 3D for dummies tutorial you are talking about. I'm just now trying my hand at modeling. One thing I can tell you is that the experienced modelers here (and most of them had no 3D experience prior to RF) are more than happy to help you throughout the process if you are serious about learning. Mess around with Wings 3D, and model stuff. Anything to learn the process and the commands. Then find a plane that you want to model. Get a good 3-view, and make a plane. That's where I'm at now. Sooner or later I'll have to figure out mapping and pivots and painting and physics and who knows what else?

Dima said:
Venator is ready :rolleyes:
Dima, every one is haveing a problem with the CS it turns out all white and it says
that it does not have any visuals associated with it

Attachments

• ScreenShot1273006170.jpg
    ScreenShot1273006170.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 20
Me to ..

Your first plane off the swaps show up with no CS for ME and this did to. If you get that fixed I got a funny ideal for you.

There is a Roller coaster object for RF that people have used to take one of the static planes and make them just circle around in the sky. Would be nice to see this Big space ship just looming over the runway way up high ..

Sorry, I think that i did somthing wrong with mapping :(
Try to download CS here

----------------------------------
Could anyone try my LA - 5 here
Is it OK with its CS?

pplace said:
Heinkel He-111 Z

Lets see here....multi fuse, multi engine (5) very interesting plane........hmm it's towing a glider too.
Pardon me for digging up this old post, but this plane screams mirror command, no? :D Model it as if it were an ordinary plane, cut off half of one wing, mirror from there!

Attachments

• HeinkelHe-111Z_3-view.jpg
    HeinkelHe-111Z_3-view.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 6
  • HeinkelHe-111Z_digital.jpg
    HeinkelHe-111Z_digital.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 21
Heres the link

jeffpn said:
I'd be interested to know what Wings 3D for dummies tutorial you are talking about. I'm just now trying my hand at modeling. One thing I can tell you is that the experienced modelers here (and most of them had no 3D experience prior to RF) are more than happy to help you throughout the process if you are serious about learning.
Hey jeffpn this is the link for the wings 3D for dummies

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=25363

It is very helpful I will start shortly on making my super stick 40.
Do you know where anyone would be willing to answer questions about making a plane if I have any is there a thread for it? :)

Venator CS

Hey Dima I'm still having problems with the CS on the Venator I downloaded the new CS that you posted but it still doesn't work. I love flying it in the white version :) but can you please fix it.

Back