Strange, Unusual, Sci-Fi, and Movie Aircraft Request

longboardlax14 said:
Hey Dima I'm still having problems with the CS on the Venator I downloaded the new CS that you posted but it still doesn't work. I love flying it in the white version :) but can you please fix it.

After you DL the new CS and imported it, did you select it at the select men or from inside RF just after the plane loads.

Are there any convertors which allow to small the size of .tga or I should to upload EA again with new smal texture map?

id realy like to see an enterprise from star trek with a vtol takeoff and fly like a harrier and with invisible gear so it sits a few inches off the ground!!that would be awsome

or mayby the tartus from dr.who?

A flying phone booth, now that's funny.

Should be fairly easy to make?

Does it have to shift through time?

Dima said:
Do you mean that i should reduce 4096x4096 map to 2024x2024 map?
Ok Ill try it later

I'm kinda late on this one. Appearantly the newer NVIDEA cards have a problem with this for some reason. You would think if the card is higher end it would work better, but I couple of people I know had a problem with my models when I had 4096x4096 as the native CS res. 2048x2048 seems to be the way to go. The CS can always be downsized before importing, or a higher res CS can be imported after the model is imported.

mwilson914 said:
I'm kinda late on this one. Appearantly the newer NVIDIA cards have a problem with this for some reason. You would think if the card is higher end it would work better, but I couple of people I know had a problem with my models when I had 4096x4096 as the native CS res. 2048x2048 seems to be the way to go. The CS can always be downsized before importing, or a higher res CS can be imported after the model is imported.

Mainly the problem is if ANY of the .TGA's are OVER 16MB, They crash n creating the .dds, My old 9800GTX+ Only had that problem rarely, I'll test it with my new card (GTX 480) :D and see if the issue is still there, I know its there for the GTX 285's.

Last edited:
Do you have the corect power supply for the NVIDIA cards you canged to. If you use less power that required for the card, it might chocke down the card.

I think a 55W runs a 9800GTX+ with 6 12+ V rails runs the Card fine, also my 1000W for the 480 is plenty. It only happened to models that had .tga's OVER 16MB. It happened rarely with my 9800GTX+, my friends GTX 285 seems to have the problem, and I'm unsure if the 480 I have has this problem or not.

rcplanefubar said:
WOW Thanks guys! Please keep them coming I will have to put a poll on here to see what people want the most. And awesome three view on the U.S.S Enterprise. :D
The starship Enterprise would be a cool plane to model. I have built a Foamy and woiuld love to fly the model in 4.5.

bugzilla said:
I'd like to see the jet from Stealth, both the ones they fly and the ucav...

FA-37 Talon. I've got it on Flight Simulator X.

Last edited:
brields said:
FA-37 Talon. I've got it on Flight Simulator X.
...and that's where it should stay

:D Heh..., boy does that bring back some bad flashbacks... :D
Loved the movie and plane.
Worst waste of time is building a phantasy model that wouldn't have a *** chance of flying in the real world of RC.
Try finding the C.G. on a forward swept switchblade wing. :eek: :mad:

Man this thread has come along way. I've been drawing the Viper MK I in Solidworks 2021, and I'd love to be able to import the model into Autodesk 3DS Max, however on the Knife Edge download page they only offer a converter for 3DS Max 2012. I've tried to import the ADSL files to that version but it doesn't recognize the file format. Which means to say that the 2012 Autodesk version never had the capability to import Soldworks files. Even with a plug-in that imports SW files to 3DS Max, I can't get my newer SW files to import to 3DS Max 2012. Any suggestions? Enclosed is a port engine of my Viper.

Attachments

• Engine Housing and Wing Assembly - Perspective View - 2.png
    Engine Housing and Wing Assembly - Perspective View - 2.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Engine Housing and Wing Assembly - Perspective View - 3.png
    Engine Housing and Wing Assembly - Perspective View - 3.png
    398.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot - 08-Jan-21 , 23_12_00.png
    Screenshot - 08-Jan-21 , 23_12_00.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • Port Side Engine Housing and Wing Assembly - Close-up of Engine Thruster Nozzle - 2.png
    Port Side Engine Housing and Wing Assembly - Close-up of Engine Thruster Nozzle - 2.png
    933.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Man this thread has come along way. I've been drawing the Viper MK I in Solidworks 2021, and I'd love to be able to import the model into Autodesk 3DS Max, however on the Knife Edge download page they only offer a converter for 3DS Max 2012. I've tried to import the ADSL files to that version but it doesn't recognize the file format. Which means to say that the 2012 Autodesk version never had the capability to import Soldworks files. Even with a plug-in that imports SW files to 3DS Max, I can't get my newer SW files to import to 3DS Max 2012. Any suggestions? Enclosed is a port engine of my Viper.
I got it figured out. There aren't any topics or threads in re to my issue, but I did find my answers in the Solidworks forums. Yeah, it would be cool to get a Colonial Viper to fly, but the wing area is very small. I added about a fifth more wing span on each wing and changed the flat, board-like wings to a camber like that of the F-16. Since RealFlight uses real-life data in their simulator, then in theory, we'll be able to see if and how this bird flys.

Back