Su-26 build

Ok. I'll check it out when I get back to it. I'm just glad the geometry was an easy fix.:p

Well, I dont know what I have going on here, but after going back to the UV tools, If I select the fuselage, it shows as a dot in the corner of the map. Oh, well, I can remap it. What I CAN'T figure out, is why is the deck that I have in the canopy area keeping me from being able to weld the verts? :confused: My first problem was there was still a face behind the canopy on the fuselage. Deleted that, welded just fine. Now, my geometry is still broken, and I cant figure out how to fix this in max. The only way I can fix it is to delete the deck under the canopy completely, and I dont want to do that. Other than making the canopy its own object, any thoughts?

Finally got a chance to view some of the vids, and boy did I learn a few things.:D Ive been mapping the top and bottom of nearly all of my models due to stretching. Not anymore.:D

Things are starting to look a little more promising than before.

Attachments

• ScreenShot122.jpg
    ScreenShot122.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 16
Im slowly getting there. Trying out different techniques and experimenting is really taking up the time, but Im learning oh so much.

Attachments

• ScreenShot123.jpg
    ScreenShot123.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 10
Lol. Us just an alignment graph I use to make sure I keep things lined up like the ailerons to the wings. I also use it to make sure fuselage halves stay scale to each other,as well as any other part that has multiple pieces on the map. Its a little more accurate than the default checkerboard.

It really goes back to wings. There's a default alphabet graph similar to this one, and I've come to depend on it probably moor than I should. It also helps make sure parts are orientated correctly by having the numbers. If they're backwards, lets me know to flip it.

I've made a larger more color coded version of the alignment graph that will work in Max. I'll post a copy when I get home this afternoon.

Save this as a layer in Gimp/Paint/Photo Shop and use while mapping. It will help with scale, alignment, and placement of the various parts.

Attachments

• Grid.jpg
    Grid.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 13
looks good abaser , this is the best i can do for the sig hog bipe , hope it's enough to work from if you do the modeling ,

Attachments

• Sig Hog bipe.jpg
    Sig Hog bipe.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 10
  • sig hog bipe01.jpg
    sig hog bipe01.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 9
  • sig hog bipe 02.jpg
    sig hog bipe 02.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Mapping is done, and CS testing has begun.

Maj, when this project started, you were doing a CS for the other Sukhoi. How far did you get? And were you wanting to take this CS on?

Attachments

• Map test.jpg
    Map test.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 21
Back