Supermarine Mk-IX Spitfire

You also need to apply a material to the Canopy that's named ~CANOPY. That tells realflight to use the alpha channel in the color scheme TGA to control the transparency.
I'm sorry, can you include pictures because I am trying and did not find a solution
Photoshop steps and 3D Max steps
thanks

Follow the steps in the 3ds max picture named (~CANOPY) to select the parts to be transparent.

On the TGA file, select the parts of the canopy glass and paint it the color you desire, while you still have the parts selected click on the Alpha channel tab and paint the canopy glass parts any shade of grey, (the Alpha channel only works with black or white and any shade in between) white the parts are opaque, full black and the parts are completely transparent, (invisible) and a dark grey color would result in a tinted see through glass, so if you paint the glass black, red or blue in the TGA, RGB channel then you would have a canopy tinted in either of those colors, and in the Alpha channel black (hex 000000) would make the glass invisible, a dark grey (hex 606060) would make the glass see through tinted in the color of the TGA, RGB channel.

Attachments

• ~CANOPY.jpg
    ~CANOPY.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Canopy Alpha.jpg
    Canopy Alpha.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Canopy TGA.jpg
    Canopy TGA.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 23
Thanks UT, hopefully the Spitfire will get finished soon, I keep working on it, in-between getting sidetracked on other jobs!
Chitty is ready to go, i will have to remember to post it sometime.

Thanks UT, hopefully the Spitfire will get finished soon, I keep working on it, in-between getting sidetracked on other jobs!
Chitty is ready to go, i will have to remember to post it sometime.
Thanks for the update asj, you know I had to ask. If the Spitty comes out as good as Chitty and the Sea Vixen (I`m guessing it will ;) ) We`re all in for a Fantastic plane...(y)(y):p

VW,
I'm looking forward to this Spitfire more than any other build. Can you give us a status update please?
Thanks

Back