swap files problems

Have I done something wrong?

I was on a multiplayer session and some dude had the standard Tron plane when you don't also have the same aircraft.. I asked what he was flying and he told me it was a slick and asked if I wanted it, I said sure and gave him my email address. I then imported the file.

I guess maybe this was a bad thing since I now learned this plane may be available on an expansion pack? Is that why I'm not being offered any info on my color scheme issue? You all have been very helpful in the past. :confused:

You haven't provided much to go on other than to state you have a .kex and some smart remark about it being classified. :confused:
You withhold, we withhold, or go hit the search bar.
Most queries like these have already been answered.

Oh, the old Realflight crashes while creating .dds bug.
Well, that is the problem with Über quality Colorschemes.
You can increase you chances of succes by:
Choosing a simple Photofield.
Choosing a simple stock aircraft.
Shutdown Realflight.
Re-start Realflight and try choosing the custom aircraft again.
If you have enough resources available, it should succeed.
Good news is that this only happens once for each custom import.

Good luck!

One more thing to mention. If it fails during the .dds file creation you will need to go to MyDocuments/realflight?/vehicles/customModels/whatever and delete the failed .dds files or go to "manage User files" in realflight and find the aircraft and delete it. Then follow phranks list

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, has anyone seen a DDS error in G6 yet?

I have NOT.

I have seen a missing texture error resulting in a silver/white plane, but no DDS errors under G6.

I'm wondering if this problem has been fixed at some other level.

I have tried to load a 4096 file. I think it was the Spartan. If I recall, it just wouldn't do anything while creating the .dds. Just stayed there. It may have errored out, I don't recall. I know it can take a long time. I did not have problems in 5.5. I reduced the .tga files to 2048, and they loaded.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen a DDS error in G6 yet?

Yes, no problems until I tried to import the Curtiss A-12 Shrike.
Version 6.00.032. Get a DDS error, the send report option and shutdown. Tried the suggestions listed, but still fails.

In this thread there is post 32, 47, and 48. A search of the forum doesn't bring up obvious clues for version 6 so I tried the ones here as well. In older versions I've had a couple fail, but the download was corrupted. Download again and it worked. Just the Curtiss for some reason, won't load for me.

I am trying to upload a variant of the Agusta 109/A109, to RF-7. The variant was based on the A109 EA from G3.5. RF-7 won't let me upload because it says it is based on an EA it doesn't have, although it links to that EA. Tried reloading it six ways from yonder, doesn't work. Any suggestions??

I am sorry guys, I said I was trying to upload/import, I am actually trying export a variant to RF-7, of the Agusta 109/A109. But the system says; (This variant is based on a different custom aircraft model than the one in our database. If this variant is intended to go with this custom aircraft model, you will have to download the current version and export again. If this variant is for a completely different aircraft, then we don't have that aircraft so please rename and export the entire aircraft instead.") Actually the A109 EA does exist in RF (G3.5), and I have followed the above instructions, and even the instructions Boof69 sent me. But to no avail;Any ideas? Ive also exported the Entire Aircraft; doesn't work either..... ideas, suggestions, comments?

Last edited:
Can you post a link to the A109 AV you are trying to use?
or are you trying to export an AV of your own creation.

AV of my own creation based on the A109EA. I am travelling so I wont see this post again till next Thursday.

I looked up your files and found that you uploaded an AV in 2010 named the A109 LS av. It requires this EA You must have based your current AV on that old AV file. Once I imported that EA your new AV shows up in the sim.

Back