Swap page uploads and moderation

So unless you go looking, you may miss newer uploads ?
Unless I'm doing something wrong, I have not been successful in search attempts using known search formats such as *.EA or _EA in a search. Sometimes searching using a single word creates an error such as Mustang or such. That's has been a real short-coming for me … search engine! So yes, ya got to go look'in!

Boof69 Said:
"As to uploading an EA that doesn't belong to you"
Yes that is the problem … EA only means Entire Aircraft not original design and everyone is not on the same page as to it's real intent … if there was any real intent to start with. It's become a problem because creative people are designing planes that maybe RF never imagined would happen at the degree it has. If so, they may have setup the file structure accordingly.
Now they have a decision to make … how to remedy the situation. New file structure or education/notification of the designers wishes. That is what we are conversing about … giving our opinions … in hopes that the RF designers come up with a solution … I'm not fighting anyone's opinion … just stating mine. Everyone has one … No???
As you stated, it's been a
"long time known issue" with no solution attempted.
I didn't mean to imply that wanting an "EA" to be only for "Original Designs" is elitist, I meant that keeping people from posting many of their CS's and AV's may tend to create the impression that the forum was becoming elitist.
It's not my call on how to solve these "long time known issues" … I read the post from Ryan, ask a couple of questions, and as I stated, thought I may get a spanking … now we will see if there is a solution or we carry on as usual, which is OK with me.

I want to be clear I don't think members should not be able to upload what they want, just a limit per 24 hours. Like 2-3 ought to do it. If someone has the odd day where they make more than 3 files they could just post those extras on the next day. After all they don't do it all the time. Usually directly following a new EA release. Something like that would help mitigate the problem. It would be nice to stay on the landing page for at least a full day for everyone to easily find. Especially after 30-60 hours of work on a new creation.
No spankings here. Everyone is more than welcome to have their own opinion on a community issue.

OK … there seems to be a couple of issues. The use of the "EA" designation, and an overcrowded swap page listing.
Am I remembering correctly, that there was a time when airports, new aircraft and such had separate avenues for searching. If that's the case, why are not CS's, AV's and EA's on separate tabs now. Would alleviate some of the problems being encountered. But that is a choice for Byran, correct.
Boils down to having a good search engine and separated data.
Maybe the long standing, creative designers could petition RF/Knife Edge for changes in the layout. Too bad your concerns were not covered in this last update.

By the way, if someone can do an aircraft design in 30 to 60 hours, I commend all of you. Especially the detail and quality I see being exhibited. I could spend that much time on one of my variations.

Mostly this is all just jawing and wishing. We can't expect any changes like that. We are too small a group and are problems are "small". We once banded together and stopped making new models to get a bad file rating system fixed. We had people who would rate down models without being signed in and we wanted the swaps to require a sign in to deter them. They ended up restricted the rating system so much that it's a non-feature. I believe it takes 15 comments before any comments will show or something like that. I won't be petitioning for anything like that again. They might just take away the swaps all together who knows. That's why I know this won't be solved by any other means than asking for help with wrongfully uploaded EAs. As for the junk AV's and CS files that just won't be something worth the time to fix. It's nice getting it of one's chest though.

Actually I just noticed there is now a discussion feature for each upload. That would be nice to start using.

Boof69 Said:
"They might just take away the swaps all together who knows. That's why I know this won't be solved by any other means than asking for help with wrongfully uploaded EAs."

That's sad to me.
Thanks for the info on past experiences. Now I know not to get too excited one way or another, and also know why others may not have joined the discussion.
Guess we can try the discussion feature as you mentioned.

Maybe not perfectly related to the subject but I was just looking at the Latest Uploads section on the main forum page and it might be easy for KE to add Tabs to that area for Aircraft, Variant, Color Scheme, and Field. At least that would help with the upload confusion.

One guy uploaded 20 in less than an hour this morning.
Yeah I've been watching the swap page uploads a lot recently and it's hard to be interested in uploading a plane just to have it pushed off the list in no time at all. I guess I'm just too slow at modeling.

Maybe not perfectly related to the subject but I was just looking at the Latest Uploads section on the main forum page and it might be easy for KE to add Tabs to that area for Aircraft, Variant, Color Scheme, and Field. At least that would help with the upload confusion.
Time to put this idea in motion !!!!

Isn't that kind of what this is, in the red outline?
Yes I know about that one and use it too but since I normally open the main forum page the latest uploads section in it is what I usually see and anything on that list gets pushed down quickly. But yeah if a person knows where to look you can find the most recent uploads for what you're looking for okay.

Isn't that kind of what this is, in the red outline?
Well , Well , Well … How did I overlook that. I only hit swap pages and saw the listing, then went to what's new - and wow, everything shows up.
You have to navigate several layers of options under a particular RF version before getting to Aircraft (EA), but it's there.

I only brought it up because it took me a couple days to even realize that was there after the new forum layout. I had always had the swap pages alone set as a fav in my browser and then another for the forums. Even when I went into the swaps I ignored the categories section on the left and was overwhelmed by the main list.

Last edited:
Glad Ryan has made this forum but hasn’t stopped A certain person from posting tons of files at once of schemes that have already been done 10 times before ? an ea got posted earlier was no where to be seen after an hour

Slightly off topic, but how do we delete old files to re-upload a better version of say, a scheme, AV/EA? It used to be easy but unless I'm missing something it would appear that that option has gone?

Slightly off topic, but how do we delete old files to re-upload a better version of say, a scheme, AV/EA? It used to be easy but unless I'm missing something it would appear that that option has gone?
This is to avoid spamming the swaps!

Back