System Changes are affecting Classic RealFlight

BillatAjax

I upgraded to Windows 98 from Windows 95 and installed a Pentium 4 at 1.5 gh (formerly P2, 200mmh),removing a Diamond 3D Monster (Voodoo) card. Now my RealFlight is choppy and difficult, if not impossible, to use properly. Also, though full screen, the plane is smaller. I have read all the info about drivers (which seem ok) and much reduced the graphical effects, without too much success. Anybody know what I can do? I am using version 1.20.104 of RealFlight.

Super Sportster

What videocard are you now using? There are known problems when upgrading from a VooDoo card... Even uninstalling Vooddo drivers will not remove every references in the registry. You might have to manually remove every files and registry references related to the 3Dfx ( Voodoo) card. This is especially true if you upgraded to an Nvidia card.

Do this at your own risk. Playing in the registry can kill Windox. Doing a clean install of win98 would probably be be best thing to do if you upgraded from Win 95.

Maxime Michaud

Your're probably running a higher resolution now. that would make the plane smaller.

Wish I could'a thought of something funnier to put here.

Thanks Al, but screen resolution is the same (800 x 600). I wonder if I have to upgrade DirectX from 6.1a. MadMax (Maxime) suggested that the problem might be the residue of files left installed after the Voodoo card was removed. He thought I might have to reinstall Windows 98. I have asked him by email whether I could safely put the Voodoo card back in. But this may be a backward step. What do you think?

Super Sportster

Make sure that you aren't running the graphics in emulation mode. This is where the graphics acceleration hardware is actually turned off.

Thanks, Jim but things have been looking up. Had a dramatic improvement when I upgraded to DirectX 8.1 and downloaded the most current version of RealFlight. How does one turn "graphics emulation" off and on? I am still looking for improvement even though I am getting pretty good effects right now.

Super Sportster

Back