technoid

T-28B Trojan 20% EP_EA

technoid

technoid submitted a new upload:

T-28B Trojan 20% EP_EA

Here's a new electric version of the T-28B. I took the semi-scale version I created in 2018 and brought it up to scale. I tapered the wings and added the full amount of dihedral. I reworked the landing gear and positioned it like the real plane. I created a custom prop and painted it like the real plane. I also reshaped the nose like the real plane. All in all the plane looks much more scale and fly's as good as it did before.

NOTE 1: The plane is compatible with RF7.5, RF8, RF9, and RF-X...

View the Swap Page

T-28 Trojan 20% EP 01.jpgT-28 Trojan 20% EP 02.jpgT-28 Trojan 20% EP 03.jpgT-28 Trojan 20% EP 04.jpg

I love this plane! Thank you for your work in making it!

I needed a sim model to practice with so I've adjusted the scale, weight and power to mimic my 1100mm RC plane. I made a color scheme like my plane's paint. My plane has navigation lights and a dive brake. I'd like to add them to the sim. I assume adding the dive brake would require some work to the model in Blender, which I haven't used. I searched the forum and found some dated modeling tutorials, but nothing about Navigation/landing lights. Is it possible to add navigation lights with the in-game editor, or would that also require Blender?

Found some posts on CS_BULB and CS_GLOW. Still not sure if I can add lights within the in-game editor. I'll play with around some more and see what I can learn.

You would need the original 3d file to add the navigation lights and dive brake so you can't do that in the RF editor. Making the lights blink also requires the original 3d file. So I'm sorry but those aren't something I took the time to add when I modeled it. The same for working cowl doors. I added the cowl doors using the normal map but they can't move.

@bramik Are you interested in seeing a speed brake using a normal map? It would look like the cowl doors, recessed but not functional. If you are upload the CS you made to the forum and I'll add a speed brake for you to the normal map. That also requires some darkened dots to the CS to highlight them.

@bramik Here's the Gray CS I did with the Speed Brake added. I created it when I did the original normal map but didn't like it so I didn't include it in the plane or any CS I made for it. But if you like it I can do one for your CS. But if you don't like it that's fine too. No biggie.

I'm uploading the Gray CS that I added the Speed Brake to in case anyone wants it.

T-28B Trojan 20% Gray Speed Brake.jpg

Attachments

• T-28B Trojan 20% EP Gray Brake_CS.RFX
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
I was beginning to suspect that lights and brake would need to be in the 3d file, thanks for the confirmation.

And a big thanks for uploading the CS with the speed brake added. I'll check it out when I get home.

Back