Taranis X9D+ (OpenTX) controller setup with RF9 (USB)

Dali748

Hi,

I'm having difficulty trying to get my Taranis X9D+ (OpenTX) TX to work properly with RF9 via a USB connection. I followed the instructions in the post below and it seems promising except for the following 2 issues I notice.

• The "throttle hold" switch when I fly a Heli doesn't seem to work
  • The throttle at full power doesn't actually get the Heli off the ground for some reason
Can anyone please help me with this issue to get this working properly? If anyone else has had success with using a OpenTX transmitter with RF9, what type of model/controller setup do you use?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I´ve also tried to get information on setting up my X9D+ with RF9, but it seems like either we need to figure it out our self as that have all others have done and wont share, or no one has been able to set it up which seem a bit strange. My heli setup makes the heli spin up, but not lift off the ground so i´ve been looking for how to do it the right way in RF. I´ll try the files on Kifeedge forum an get back here.

The preferred method of using Realflight will always be the interlink controller. It works out of the box.

The information for 3rd party controllers from the previous versions of Realflight are applicable to the latest version, so don't limit yourself to searching just the RF9 forum when you have questions about setting up your TX. Your questions have probably been answered in the older versions forums. I've seen many threads about these TX's in the past years in the older forums.

Setup a special profile for Realflight and in the radio settings go to all of the channels, (Throttle,Aileron,Elevator, and Rudder), individually and set there "weight" and "Offset" to [50]. That will effectively half the input resolution but that's just the way it will have to work for realflight.
As for the throttle hold I'm not sure. I assume you added that output in the taranis so it's available for use in RF. If not you will need to do that and make sure it's correctly linked in the RF aircraft editor for each model you wish to use it for.

Last edited:
Back