Techair Commander EP

Well, if you can`t do anything about the sharp corner on the lower lip, so be it. The Lip width and height look fine on either of those two. Looking closer though, I think the nose should be narrowed to about 1/3 the width of the lips,

Last edited:
Well, if you can`t do anything about the sharp corner on the lower lip, so be it. The Lip width and height look fine on either of those two. Looking closer though, I think the nose should be narrowed to about 1/3 the width of the lips,
I didn't go as far as you mentioned but I reduced the width of the nose all the way from the bridge of the nose at the forehead to the bottom of the nose above the lips by 15%. Then I reduced the size of the nostrils an additional 5%. I've always thought the nose was too wide and it definitely looks better to me now. What do you think?

Pilot 41.jpg

Sorry guys but here's one more go-around tweaking the nose. I reduced it by another 5% and rounded off the nostrils. I also rounded off the center of the bottom of the nose it was fairly pointed before. I think this one is the best one yet. For some reason I hesitated making changes to the front view of the face I thought I'd mess it up if I did. But I think it definitely looks better than it did when I started.

Pilot 42.jpg

I did one more small change to the nose. I thought the top of the nose (at the forehead) was a little wide so I reduced "just that part" an additional 5%. It gives the nose a tiny bit more angle as it goes up from the bottom to the top.

Pilot 43.jpg

I need your opinion on one more thing before I remap the changed parts of the head. The nose is longer than I wanted it to be but that's the way it was when I grabbed it from the parts thread. But I did something to make the nose a little shorter. What I did was grab the head "just below" the glasses and lower it what I could without messing up the shape of the head. That will keep the hair, forehead, and glasses the same height but make the nose a little shorter. If you look at the top of the head on the right you can see it's a little lower than the head on the left, not a lot but enough to notice. The question is does that little bit make the head look better? And is the symmetry of the head still okay? It seems okay to me but you guys have always been better at judging that type of stuff than me. Anyway let me know what you think and I'll remap the parts that changed.

Pilot 44 (lower head 0.070).jpg

He`s looking a lot better, nose still looks a little tall. Any chance you can "grab" the head from just under the nose, to just over the top off the glasses, and lower it a little from the top down, that would make his forehead look a little taller, but you can fix that by lowering the hairline. I`m assuming the glasses aren`t included in that process.

He`s looking a lot better, nose still looks a little tall. Any chance you can "grab" the head from just under the nose, to just over the top off the glasses, and lower it a little from the top down, that would make his forehead look a little taller, but you can fix that by lowering the hairline. I`m assuming the glasses aren`t included in that process.
So that would make the forehead a little taller and make the area from the bottom of the nose to the top lip a little shorter. I'll try that and see what it looks like. I just wanted to be careful and not make the head too short overall. But it seems what you're asking would work and to be honest I was thinking about doing almost the same thing. But I was going to grab the head just below the nose to over the top of the hair which would just make the area under the nose to the top lip shorter. But I'll try it your way to make the forehead a little taller and the area under the nose to the top lip a little shorter.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
@uncle twist I did what you ask. I selected the head just above the glasses and just below the nose and moved it down a little. And then moved the glasses down to match that. So the forehead is a little taller and the area between the bottom of the nose and the top lip is a little shorter. I didn't move it a lot just enough to be noticeable. If I moved it more I would have had to resize the segments around the move and I didn't want to do that. It does look a little better so now it's time to remap the changes. Thanks for the help guys all these little tweaks definitely made it look better.

Pilot 45 (forehead taller).jpg

@uncle twist I did what you ask. I selected the head just above the glasses and just below the nose and moved it down a little. And then moved the glasses down to match that. So the forehead is a little taller and the area between the bottom of the nose and the top lip is a little shorter. I didn't move it a lot just enough to be noticeable. If I moved it more I would have had to resize the segments around the move and I didn't want to do that. It does look a little better so now it's time to remap the changes. Thanks for the help guys all these little tweaks definitely made it look better.

View attachment 132929
He`s looking a lot better, Nose still looks to tall, SO, I did a little example for you to consider, All I did was modify the glasses a little at the bridge to make the nose look a little shorter, also angled them a little on the bottom. See what ya think.

Attachments

• GLASSES 2.PNG
    GLASSES 2.PNG
    121.7 KB · Views: 6
He`s looking a lot better, Nose still looks to tall, SO, I did a little example for you to consider, All I did was modify the glasses a little at the bridge to make the nose look a little shorter, also angled them a little on the bottom. See what ya think.
I just got back from taking the wife to her second drs appointment in Dallas this week. Thanks for the picture I'll think about it. I've already had an angled set of glasses on him which didn't grow on me so I changed them. But I'll look at this a little more and see if it grows on me. The modified glasses do hide the long nose but I'm not sure about them.

I just got back from taking the wife to her second drs appointment in Dallas this week. Thanks for the picture I'll think about it. I've already had an angled set of glasses on him which didn't grow on me so I changed them. But I'll look at this a little more and see if it grows on me. The modified glasses do hide the long nose but I'm not sure about them.
It`s was just food for thought for you, a little something for you to chew the cud on so to speak, he`s your pilot to do as you please... :)

I did one more go-around with the pilot and would appreciate your comments.

Here's what I did.

1. Moved the forehead down a little.
2. Reduced the nose by 5%.
3. Moved the top of the nose down a little.
4. Increased the height of the area where I connected the sunglasses in the center.
5. Made the sunglasses a little taller.

This gives him a little more forehead and a shorter and smaller nose. But is the forehead still okay? I can reduce it again if you think that looks better. Thanks I appreciate your help on this.

Pilot 47.jpgPilot 48.jpg

Back