The Spacewalker as designed by Boof was a winner from the begining.

U-Bird

As designed by Boof, the Spacewalker flew every bit as good as the Great Planes ARF asd as good ot better than the SIG kits. I have flown planes from both, my favorites being the Sig kits which were larger. My favorite was the 1/3rd scale Sig 2 seater and my very favorite was the 2 seater scaled to the 1 seater dimensions in the same scale. All were poweres with O.S. 320 4 cylinder, 4 stroke engines asnd had Robart scale landing rear, mains and tail wheel. Still have 2 though I don't get to fly them as much as Fuel prices ase in orbit and old age and doctors keep me toned down as bit, pluss most of my flying buddies are no longer spreading thier wings. Life is way to SHORT.
Most golden Age Air Racers had Oil Company sponcers and 6 of these will be this way and the other 6 will soft drinks of the day. I know Vernors Ginger Ale does not go back that far, it is however my favorite and impossible to find theae days.
All of these CS's will import into RF 7-8 and 9 as long as you have the originol EA by Boof. They will even go into RFX, they have to be renamed and exported from a 6-7-8-or 9 RF version as a EA and then imported into RFX as new aircraft. These are Color Schemes, not Entire Aircraft and should not be reposted as EA's for any reason without Boof's permission.
I wish someone could come up with a cure for the FROSTED windscreen.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1637766006.jpg
    ScreenShot1637766006.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1637766019.jpg
    ScreenShot1637766019.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1637766074.jpg
    ScreenShot1637766074.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1637766097.jpg
    ScreenShot1637766097.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1637766161.jpg
    ScreenShot1637766161.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1637766180.jpg
    ScreenShot1637766180.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 7
Looking at the color scheme tga file I don't see a windscreen and since it doesn't have an Alpha Layer there's no way to set any transparency. It looks like he used a baked-on color for the windscreen.

Looking at the color scheme tga file I don't see a windscreen and since it doesn't have an Alpha Layer there's no way to set any transparency. It looks like he used a baked-on color for the windscreen.
I have been wishing that since 2011 some sort of magic has come about that could be used to correct the problem, and at one time I even saked Boof if he would be interested in the fix, however I never recieved a reply.
Win some, loose some.
Thank you for the reply.
Thanks for the pictures of the Golden Age racers U-Bird, excellent work.

The windscreen is transparent in RF-X, not frosted like in RF 9.5
The Spacewalker by Boof was designed for RF 5.5 and it seems the frosted windscreen came about with RF 6 when installed. At first I tried a CS from the original EA in RF 5 and when imported into RF 6 ZAP it was frosted. I no longer have RF 5 on my PC, however from RF 6.5 to RF 9.5, I still have them loaded.
I don't have any idea how much people these days fly any of the older designs, especially designs like the Spacewalkers and the Riley's, however I love to fly them as you can fly a little easier than I would one of my scale planes and fly some slower and really get into the injoyment of flying the bird in the beautiful sky. Just can't get quite that relaxed with scale.
Can't tell you how much I'm anticipating your Spitfires as there is not a prettier warbird in the sky than a Spitfire. I wouls rate the Mosquito and the P-38 as 2nd and 3rd. Flown properly they are magical birds of the sky.
Gotta sprnd a few days in the hospital and when I get out I will post the Spacewalker Racers

is the windscreen mapped? if it is the "frostiness" can be reduced
I painted the entire tga file green this is what I got. It looks like there's quite a few baked-on colors. And the tga file doesn't have an alpha layer. What version of RF added Alpha layer support?

Attachments

• Spc Walker50%.jpg
    Spc Walker50%.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 13
I painted the entire tga file green this is what I got. It looks like there's quite a few baked-on colors. And the tga file doesn't have an alpha layer. What version of RF added Alpha layer support?
technoid hit the nail on the head i have all the way back to G-3 installed on my computer and i checked Boofs excellent Spacewalker and in 5.5 on up it still has the fogged in windscreen , but it is not as bad as U-bird pictures show

I know RF6 (or 6.5) rebalanced the _s map so you did not have to max out the shine to get a little bit. All older planes used to be right but they need close to max shine on the _s map to get the correct polish. and when they are brought into the newer versions, they get way over polished.

Back