Throttle Hold?

BladeCP02

I just looked in my Tower Hobbies magazine at the G4 pages. As I was reading, I saw a picture of the new InterLink Elite, which looks good, except for one thing. The top right switch is a KNOB? I know some plane guys may use this for flaps and such, but what about us heli guys that need throttle hold? How is TH assigned in the radio, and is there a way to change the knob to a switch?
-BladeCP02

The switch was not replaced by a knob. The switch has been moved to the top right of the front of the InterLink. The knob and the throttle hold switch have essentially switched places from where they were on the InterLink Plus.

Adam Taylor said:
The switch was not replaced by a knob. The switch has been moved to the top right of the front of the InterLink. The knob and the throttle hold switch have essentially switched places from where they were on the InterLink Plus.

I think that would be a bad idea for helicopter mode since a lot of times we also learn how to use the throttle hold just before the inevitable crash.

The old TH switch postion was correct for heli mode.

Dan, KE6D

ke6d said:
I think that would be a bad idea for helicopter mode since a lot of times we also learn how to use the throttle hold just before the inevitable crash.

The old TH switch postion was correct for heli mode.

Dan, KE6D

I agree ... I will definately be swapping the switches if I get RF G4. Sorry KE, that was a little bit of a bad idea.
-BladeCP02

Blade Scraper said:
Yup,i might as well fly mode 2. :(

Seeing as how you're located in CA, USA, you probably DO fly Mode 2...Thr/Rud on the left stick and Ail/Ele on the right stick.

I fly with throttle/rudder on the left and ailerons/elevator on the right, what mode would that be?

Answered before. The G4 controller must be the primary controller for G4. The G3 controller must be the primary controller for G3. Either could be used as a secondary for multimode in either version.

Sorry I guess I missed it. Or maybe it was on the whining threads, I had trouble reading all of those. Too many times it was the same people making the same NON-points, over and over...
Thanks for the answer, now if they would just offer a video showing some of the new highlights, and fields. I really want to see on-ground behavior, and a tail touch in the water.

Later,
Sam

I agree too, Having the switch lowered was a terrible idea on there half. Just like whats his name said well have to swap them around now.
Why would they even do that? who would want the knob up there? Or maybe ill just hook it up to a higher quality JR or Spektrum radio seeing as how Futabas cant get the job done right. lol

What a dumb *** move!

You would think that realflight would have learned if they had paid ANY attention to some of the gripes about FS1.

Do you guys even pay attention?
Why not set it up like most of the RADIOS in the real world...ya know since it is a sim and all :confused:

Last edited:
Most radios in the real world come in at least two versions, heli and aircraft (airplane/sailplane), and the big difference is switch placement and the ratchet on the throtle. I'm willing to bet that the majority of radios sold around the world are air versions and don't have the switch used for throttle hold at the top. If you want to complain then talk to Futaba as they're the ones that designed the Tx. The air version was adapted to be used for RealFlight. I primarily fly helicopters so if/when I upgrade to G4 it may be a pain, but I can always just hook up my 9303 so it's like I'm flying my real machines.

Back