Too Many Unrealistic Flying Planes EXCEPT ........

@technoid Hello, Have you seen the E-Flite Edge 540 QQ foamie? i Have it, and would love to see it as a model here. I can provide measurements if need be. But that info is probably online since it is an older plane.
Let me know. I am sure you are busy with others though.

@technoid Hello, Have you seen the E-Flite Edge 540 QQ foamie? i Have it, and would love to see it as a model here. I can provide measurements if need be. But that info is probably online since it is an older plane.
Let me know. I am sure you are busy with others though.
Yeah sorry I'm working on a project now and have another one waiting on me.

Been flying 20 years now, would be 35 if there hadn't been long periods of absence. All this time, even getting back into the hobby after long breaks i have never used a sim. Not even a dabble. Just didn't need to, learn't all 3D flying without it and developed a very aggressive on the deck flying style.
Two weeks ago i bought my first ever sim (9.5) and had mixed thoughts on it, first being an assurance why i have never bought one, just not realistic. But thankfully there was a few planes that did fly realistically which while thankful for. I am puzzled,, if it is possible to make a realistic flying plane,,,, why are there so many planes that don't fly realistically?
Before somebody says just add wind, add weight to your plane, make the ailerons smaller or whatever. I do not wish to muck about like that, i don't mind tweaking, as you would do if you bought a kit, different motor and prop than recommended, or different battery and surface deflections than recommended. But i am NOT talking about this, it is the fundamental physics. Mostly it is far far afar too easy to fly rollers, to hover, to do any 3D really. Also floaty and none responsive to small inputs. In real life every input has a requirement of another 'counterary' input.
Below are the planes i found which DO FLY REALISTIC, sadly only one from the NONE CUSTOM PAGES!!!!
Does anybody know these planes i talk about, and know other planes which fly realistic like them?

9.5 E3D
Custom Great Planes Extra 300sp
'' Extra 300L DC
'' Flying Giants Foamy by Insane Foamies
'' CMPro 3D Passion60
'' Edge 540 BP 3D Arf by E-Flite (there is a Mofo edit version, which are usually good but for this one i think not).
Iv
Been flying 20 years now, would be 35 if there hadn't been long periods of absence. All this time, even getting back into the hobby after long breaks i have never used a sim. Not even a dabble. Just didn't need to, learn't all 3D flying without it and developed a very aggressive on the deck flying style.
Two weeks ago i bought my first ever sim (9.5) and had mixed thoughts on it, first being an assurance why i have never bought one, just not realistic. But thankfully there was a few planes that did fly realistically which while thankful for. I am puzzled,, if it is possible to make a realistic flying plane,,,, why are there so many planes that don't fly realistically?
Before somebody says just add wind, add weight to your plane, make the ailerons smaller or whatever. I do not wish to muck about like that, i don't mind tweaking, as you would do if you bought a kit, different motor and prop than recommended, or different battery and surface deflections than recommended. But i am NOT talking about this, it is the fundamental physics. Mostly it is far far afar too easy to fly rollers, to hover, to do any 3D really. Also floaty and none responsive to small inputs. In real life every input has a requirement of another 'counterary' input.
Below are the planes i found which DO FLY REALISTIC, sadly only one from the NONE CUSTOM PAGES!!!!
Does anybody know these planes i talk about, and know other planes which fly realistic like them?

9.5 E3D
Custom Great Planes Extra 300sp
'' Extra 300L DC
'' Flying Giants Foamy by Insane Foamies
'' CMPro 3D Passion60
'' Edge 540 BP 3D Arf by E-Flite (there is a Mofo edit version, which are usually good but for this one i think not).
Like you ,I have also been flying about the same time period as you. Begining about 2002 I re-entered mainly because my then 9 yr old son had expressed an interest in the hobby.We ended up buying an entry level foamy electric RTF and we both flew together with it...him learning for the first time and me relearning old skills. Fast forward to the present.My hangar now consists of over 30 planes and a few quadcopters.Prior to last December ,Ive never owned a sim of any kind..I was gifted a copy of RF 9.5 for Christmas by my son. At first I was reluctant to dowmload and use ,not really seeing at a useful tool to hone my flying skills ...til my son "shamed" me into installing/using it. Much to my surprise Ive found it to being very helpful in honing my skills and have found that vast majority of real life planes have been realistically modeled on RF. I should add that most of my planes[at least in the past 10 yrs or so] were purchased from Horizon Hobby..who I understand now owns Real Flight.I have to wonder ,how many of the E-Flite and other HH branded planes depicted on Real Flight have you actually flown in real life /compared to how they are modeled on RF? id say likey very few since you only mentioned one E-Flight plane on your list...................................BTW... another model which I hadn't previously owned ..the Timber X 1.2......I also tried out and became very proficent flying on RF ...trying 3D for the first time. My confidence flying it on RF led to my purchase of the real thing...and on my maiden flight was flying it as proficently as i had on RF...seems to me the flight physics for it were spot on. Maybe you should BUY all the planes depicted on RF and fly them in comparison with their RF counterparts before passing judgement on others hard work making them as realistic as possible..

Last edited:
Back