Tower Hobby--G4.0 Late 10/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmhh

Tower Hobby advertising G4.0 for end of October...
and I bought G3.5 from them ten days ago...KE says
no return for me...how would you feel?....JMHH

lifes a bugger isn't it?!!

If KE would have "announced" the new upcomming software 6 months ago (which several people said they should have.......to warn them) then the people that purchased the program 6 months and 10 days ago would be bummed out.

Sorry to say......but it's impossible to make everyone happy. Just be glad to know it's a great sim.....not outdated at all. And from some people's opinion on here.....not even that much of an upgrade / difference to G4?? So you must not be missing much

Use G3.5 and enjoy it.......it's worth it!

Last edited:
I agree with pplace, don't let G4 rob you of your enjoyment of G3; it really doesn't look like you are missing a quantumn leap between the two. And there is a new Expansion Pack for G3 coming soon! The swaps are filled with brilliantly designed aircraft and airports and so on, many by pplace; enjoy them. I literally have not flown all of the EAs and Variants. Have Fun!!! :)

jmhh said:

But you may have an "upgrade" path... so hang onto that receipt.

pplace said:
lifes a bugger isn't it?!!

If KE would have "announced" the new upcomming software 6 months ago (which several people said they should have.......to warn them) then the people that purchased the program 6 months and 10 days ago would be bummed out.

Sorry to say......but it's impossible to make everyone happy. Just be glad to know it's a great sim.....not outdated at all. And from some people's opinion on here.....not even that much of an upgrade / difference to G4?? So you must not be missing much

Use G3.5 and enjoy it.......it's worth it!

G3.5 is a great sim but I don't agree that he should be glad that he bought it!

I purchased an Eagle Tree data recorder for my helicopter a few days ago. I was really happy that the recorder was working so well and gave me all the data that I always wanted to know when flying electric heli/plane. One week after I purchased the recorder, Eagle Tree announced a new version with more capability and memory for the same price. I felt pretty bad and called the company to vent my displeasure. The sale rep told me that his company has a 30 day free exchange as long as I send them the old recorder and a copy of the receipt.

Now, that is a great company. I would be happy spending more of my hard earned money on this company products in the future.

My point is that for a company to be successful, it must make its customers happy. A fixed time frame exchange policy when a new product is introduced is not an unreasonable thing to ask from the customers.

In the case of JMHH, I really doubt that he will be purchasing and more KE's products or refer KE's products to any of his friends in the future.

My 2 cents!

Best regards,

Dan, KE6D

ke6d said:
For another $150? I doubt that he will go for it...

Dan, KE6D

Have you seen an announcment saying that the "upgrade" is $150.00?

If so please point us to it so we can see.

opjose said:
Have you seen an announcment saying that the "upgrade" is $150.00?

If so please point us to it so we can see.

NO, it's my guess based on what it takes to upgrade from G2 to G3.

Please don't be bothered by the exact number.

Dan, KE6D

Last edited:
First, I'd like to say that I agree whole heartedly with Dan,KE6d...surely, in my case a free (or minimal cost)upgrade would not be out of the question...the 30 day rule sounds very reasonable to me and with a sliding scale for people who purchased before that...to PPlace, I say, do you work for or have a financial interest in KE or Tower Hobby?...and if not, then it's easy for you to say do be pi**ed....it's not your $200.00 ...and I think I heard they will change the controller from the one I have, which I now find may very well break on me...as a final thought, I'd say if KE is doing well financially, the upgrade policy will be fair..if they're not,they'll screw us to survive...either way, the way they've handled this so far leaves much to be desired...they should have had an upgrade policy out to registered users before any retailer starts promoting the new program....JMHH

I hate to be the one to have to tell you this ... if G4 has brisk sales - if all of the sheep touting the great improvements (even though no one has seen them) all run out and buy G4, you can forget about any sort of rebate.

Why would RealFlight offer a rebate if they don't have to?

Johndou said:
I hate to be the one to have to tell you this ... if G4 has brisk sales - if all of the sheep touting the great improvements (even though no one has seen them) all run out and buy G4, you can forget about any sort of rebate.

Why would RealFlight offer a rebate if they don't have to?

Wow another post from someone who works for KE and the distributors... to let us know the real scoop...

Oh, yes silly me, you don't.... you just keep touting things you have NO knowlege of what-so-ever... very consistent with your prior posts there John.

Last edited:
ke6d said:
NO, it's my guess based on what it takes to upgrade from G2 to G3.

Please don't be bothered by the exact number.

Dan, KE6D

The "exact" numbers make a HUGE difference.

If you were to get a 150.00 discount off the upgrade most people would switch over in a hearbeat.

Speculating at this point is rather pointless.

Let's hear what the real story is.

jmhh said:

Tower Hobbies has a 30 day return policy.

Knife Edge has no authority over your transaction with a dealer. You purchased from Tower Hobbies. Call them.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back