Trainer Aircraft

TheHeliCrasher

Is there a way to change the aircraft or helicopter in the training mode? I would like to use the trainer with a certain helicopter but can't find a way to change the aircraft for training. Searched in the forum but didn't find anything. Thanks for your help. :confused:

Check the console commands. It's possible, but I've never done it. Something like LoadAircraft. Hit ~, type Help

Yep, that's it.. After going into trainer mode hit ~, then type loadaircraft (name) and you get the one you asked for. Thanks very much Jeffpn... Helped alot. :D

hmmm, one more question on this topic. Does anyone know if it is possible to make the trainer start with your chosen aircraft or do you have to tell it to choose the one you want everytime. It starts with the dominion in heli hover mode everytime, thought there might be a way to change the default. Thanks again for any help.

Once again, nothing I've done before, but it is possible to run scripts when starting RF. You can run a script to load your aircraft at startup. Search the forums for more info.

I searched on "scripts" for more info, not much there but it sounds like you can make a script to start when you startup realflight. Only, that doesnt start it when going into training mode. Looks like you have to run the script after you go into training mode...which is pretty much the same as if you ran the loadaircraft command once in trainig mode, wouldn't help much. Oh well, at least I can train with the aircraft I want, just have to load it in training mode everytime. (whether by script or loadaircraft command).

like most of the time, i am confused...
what is "Trainer Mode"

is that like when with helis, the "ghost" helcicopter and the voice telling you what to do

apollo_13 said:
like most of the time, i am confused...
what is "Trainer Mode"

is that like when with helis, the "ghost" helcicopter and the voice telling you what to do

I was meaning whenever you choose training on the top of the screen, when I choose training then helicopter hover I am in hover training mode. :)

I figured it out in 4.5
Load the trainer
Then press the 'tilde' key ~
Then type "loadaircraft" and the name of the bird you want.
It will replace the Dominion 90 in the Trainer with what you load

Actually yes, you can use loadaircraft in the console.. I was trying to find out if there was a way to have it load automatically, the same way it loads the dominion automatically... Thanks Anyway. :)

Does any one know how to load the model automatically or save your model in training mode? I don't want to change the model every time. Thanks!

Doesn't it start the program using the last aircraft and flying field you were using? It's been a long time since I used 4.5 but I do know that G5 and newer will load the last aircraft and field I was using in the previous session. It doesn't revert back to the default Extra 300/Sbach.

Last aircraft and aP on launch ..yes It did in all versions as far as I remember
however Rf 6.0 / 6.5
will give you random CSs by default unless you uncheck it

But in training mode you to need to use the console.......

Load the trainer
hit the "tilde" key ~
Then type "loadaircraft" and the exact name of the heli /aircraft you want. example: loadaircraftextra300

I think you can also set it in your start up script

Last edited:
The start up script can't work in training mode. Even I changed the heli in training mode. The heli would be changed back to default when I left the training mode. :confused:

Back