[84762] Newly generated previews for some custom aircraft have unexpected transparency

asj5547

Some previews show as transparent.

Attachments

• Transparent Preview-2.jpg
    Transparent Preview-2.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Transparent Preview-3.jpg
    Transparent Preview-3.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Transparent Preview-4.jpg
    Transparent Preview-4.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Transparent Preview-5.jpg
    Transparent Preview-5.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 13
Some previews show as transparent.
Look at the Alpha channel of your Provost P-56 TGA file. It looks like it has the wireframe instead of solid white areas for the parts. RealFlight uses that to control what shows up in the RF Editor Physics tab, that might be used for the preview now. Try replacing the parts in the Alpha channel with solid white.

I just looked at the Draco and the Fokker_Dr1_01_EA (is that the right plane) and they have the wireframe in the CS TGA file too. I also looked at my Aerobat but the fuselage looks to be a solid white in the Alpha channel so I don't know why it shows up like it does in the Preview.

I guess I should say I don't have the other 3 planes installed, just my Aerobat. I just downloaded them and looked at the TGA file Alpha channel to see what it looked like.

I guess I should say I don't have the other 3 planes installed, just my Aerobat. I just downloaded them and looked at the TGA file Alpha channel to see what it looked like.
Yeah, that was one of my first models, I used the wireframe to pinpoint the location of the glass to be painted in the alpha channel and somehow forgot to remove the wireframe, (learn as I go). But it has not been a problem in previous versions of RF, (displaying transparent previews), just a new issue with DX11, progress is good, no complaints from me.

@asj5547, thanks for that report. I have filed case 84762 to address this.

Are those models on the swap pages? If so, can you please provide links to them? We'd like to take a closer look using the exact same vehicles.

The first model in the list is the P-56 Provost I made, I inadvertently left the wireframe in the Alpha channel, so there is a lot of black where white should have been, when I applied a white color to the Alpha channel (except for the Glass areas) the transparency issue is resolved in the preview.
Technoid advised me what would fix it, but the transparent preview issue was never a problem in previous versions of RF 7, 8, 9.
The last model in the list is Technoids's Aerobat, just the fuselage is affected.

Back