Trident Redux

I`m not a lawyer either, IF those images have a current copyright on them, then obviously you can`t use them for profit, BUT, otherwise, I think you can IF it`s NOT for profit, Heck, it`s free advertising for them......... As I`m sure you know, Nothing that`s been created by modelers/ CS`ers here in RF has been created to make a profit.....I`m not sure about images with watermarks, they might be there as a warning to people, THAT, it still has a current copyright on it.. :unsure: :unsure: , I have tried downloading/taking some images/screenshots of some pictures, and couldn`t do it because they were protected images.

Right. I was simply pointing out that its presence on the internet doesn't prove that it's free. LOTS of things on the internet have no connection to the actual owner of the plagiarized image. And using the image from Joe Blow's web site may still violate the owner's copyright because Joe Blow didn't have permission to use it, either.

FYI, I'm mostly retired, but I build, repair, disinfect, recondition, & recycle PC's. I've been doing that for about 35 years, after 10 years working as a cardio-pulmonary technician & respiratory therapist. And I've done at least a little of just about anything else you can think of from fast food to warehouse work. But I've found that I'm a LOUSY salesman. I'll sell you what you really need, not what makes me the most money. I consider myself a professional student - but not in any organized sense as in "formal study."
I like knowing all that, Bill. Thank you.

You could combine the devil image with any free flames image on the web.
I rotated the flames image and gave it a motion blur and placed the devil on top

Attachments

• Devil flame-fire-logo.jpg
    Devil flame-fire-logo.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 7
  • favpng_flame-fire-logo.jpg
    favpng_flame-fire-logo.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 6
  • favpng_trident-royalty-free-devil.jpg
    favpng_trident-royalty-free-devil.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 5
As I've said, I know just about enough about just about anything you could name to be dangerous. But I don't claim to be an actual expert about very many things. And I usually don't comment unless I'm reasonably sure that what I say is accurate.
Those are so cool, asj. Your artistic modification of it brings it closer to fair use too.
Derivative images also violate copyright laws. Not in this case, but.... Ask some comic strip authors about this. They've been known to sue over inappropriate use of their characters - and won. That may be more about intellectual property than copyright, since the offending images weren't drawn by the original cartoonist, but...

Last edited:
Right. I was simply pointing out that its presence on the internet doesn't prove that it's free. LOTS of things on the internet have no connection to the actual owner of the plagiarized image. And using the image from Joe Blow's web site may still violate the owner's copyright because Joe Blow didn't have permission to use it, either.
Well, this topic has been brought up before, and I can`t recall the "exact" conclusion, other than what images that can be found in/on social media sights are pretty much "fair game", AND, I can`t recall anyone here doing CS`s that has had a problem with using such images. I seriously doubt anyone would pursue anyone using one of their images from social media here in RF, what`s to gain, it would cost them way more than anything they could possibly gain from such a pursuit.

I agree completely. The discussion is pretty much pointless... but interesting anyway. And has nothing to do with Trident.

LATE EDIT: It's also a pretty good example of WHY I know at least a little about almost everything I've ever tripped over. Something piques my interest & I go off into never-never land chasing it. For no particularly good reason. It tends to drive people NUTS, but I can't seem to stop doing it.

Last edited:
I created the SPEC MAP this morning and have been fine tuning it. I also lightened the Red from DF (223) to EF (239) and it definitely looks lighter now. I'm not sure what color I'll end up with I like the Red but it's darker in the sky. I need to add some stripes on it to really see what it looks like. I think I'll make all the control surface white and see what that looks like I need them for Bills's color scheme anyway.

I agree with that, but red/black is still one of my favorite combinations. Red/white is great, too - to increase visibility. How about red/black on top & red/white on the bottom? Distinctly different top/bottom is always good to quickly detect orientation, especially when far away. Not a problem for C/L Trident, but for R/C?
P.S. If I actually built an R/C Trident, I might need to rethink my C/S. With the reset button... maybe not. Maybe just reverse the colors on the bottom? I'd have to see it to decide. With the sub-rudder, the shape might not be enough.

Last edited:
I've never worried about different colors on the top and bottom to detect orientation I prefer them to be the same. Anyway here's a picture of it with the lighter shade of red I added this morning and the white control surfaces. I think it looks pretty nice. I may add the same stripes I had on the profile version but I'm not sure I'll go with the large checker board on the bottom maybe just the same stripes as the top. Again I've never worried about having the top and bottom different even when I flew at the field it just wasn't a problem for me. But you never know what I'll end up with until I finish it.

Trident 85.jpg

I created the SPEC MAP this morning and have been fine tuning it. I also lightened the Red from DF (223) to EF (239) and it definitely looks lighter now. I'm not sure what color I'll end up with I like the Red but it's darker in the sky. I need to add some stripes on it to really see what it looks like. I think I'll make all the control surface white and see what that looks like I need them for Bills's color scheme anyway.
DF223, EF239 show as green in the hex color picker, what color system are you using. ? (I am just interested in the shade of red) Thanks Technoid.

Attachments

• DF223.jpg
    DF223.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 2
Anyway here's a picture of it with the lighter shade of red I added this morning and the white control surfaces. I think it looks pretty nice.
I agree... but I have to admit that I'm a bit prejudiced toward that layout. But I sorta think the sub-rudder should be white to contrast with the fuselage & match the rudders, even though it doesn't move with them.

I agree... but I have to admit that I'm a bit prejudiced toward that layout. But I sorta think the sub-rudder should be white to contrast with the fuselage & match the rudders, even though it doesn't move with them.
That's fine your CS is the way you like it but I prefer the sub-rudder to match the bottom of the plane and the bottom of the normal rudders.

Back