Trident Redux

Obviously your decision. I think both viewpoints make logical/artistic sense. Maybe a similar color split on the sub-rudder to mimic the rudders more closely? But the fairing in front of it might be a problem. Or maybe it would look great with the dark LE. I think we've discussed this before & never really settled the question. And your dark fuselage vs my white one makes a big difference. I'm not even SURE what I want on mine.

Last edited:
Obviously your decision. I think both viewpoints make logical/artistic sense. Maybe a similar color split on the sub-rudder to mimic the rudders more closely? But the fairing in front of it might be a problem. Or maybe it would look great with the dark LE. I think we've discussed this before & never really settled the question. I'm not even SURE what I want on mine.
Well I like mine the way they are I like the mono color in that area.

I LIKE it - a LOT. But should it be a tiny bit higher to keep it from disappearing behind the wing root?
Without the white on your wheel pants, the solid red sub-rudder looks perfect, too.

I LIKE it - a LOT. But should it be a tiny bit higher to keep it from disappearing behind the wing root?
Without the white on your wheel pants, the solid red sub-rudder looks perfect, too.
When I created that stripe it was higher on the fuselage so the bottom of the stripe was just above the wing but to me it looked wrong like it was misplaced so I centered it. It didn't look natural that high. I've seen a lot of stripes go through the wing like that. And I think I'll be adding the same white area on the wheel pants I created for your color scheme to this one. I haven't made my mind up yet I have a couple of ideas but I plan to have something on it.

When I created that stripe it was higher on the fuselage so the bottom of the stripe was just above the wing but to me it looked wrong like it was misplaced so I centered it. It didn't look natural that high. I've seen a lot of stripes go through the wing like that. And I think I'll be adding the same white area on the wheel pants I created for your color scheme to this one. I haven't made my mind up yet I have a couple of ideas but I plan to have something on it.
Since you've already tried it & it didn't work, I'm wrong. But I THOUGHT it might be a good idea to just touch the top surface of the wing. I wasn't sure it would be too high.

I like the solid red wheel pants with the solid red sub-rudder. Adding white to the pants might make adding a splash of white at the back look good, too. Maybe they should both stay solid red. IMHO, it might be worth at least thinking about. But I don't think it would work very well with my white fuselage. I like the white on my pants, but I think mine needs the solid blue back/down there. The rudders give the tail plenty of contrast. The white would melt into the white fuselage - like the black anti-glare melted into the cockpit. My idea about the black anti-glare was obviously a mistake once I actually saw it.

Since you've already tried it & it didn't work, I'm wrong. But I THOUGHT it might be a good idea to just touch the top surface of the wing. I wasn't sure it would be too high.

I like the solid red wheel pants with the solid red sub-rudder. Adding white to the pants might make adding a splash of white at the back look good, too. Maybe they should both stay solid red. IMHO, it might be worth at least thinking about. But I don't think it would work very well with my white fuselage. I like the white on my pants, but I think mine needs the solid blue back/down there. The rudders give the tail plenty of contrast. The white would melt into the white fuselage - like the black anti-glare melted into the cockpit. My idea about the black anti-glare was obviously a mistake once I actually saw it.
Like I mentioned I created your color scheme the way you wanted it now I'm creating one the way I want it, our ideas don't have to match. And I agree with you your sub-rudder needed to be a different color, too much white. But I think my red one looks perfect.

But I think my red one looks perfect.
Me too. Partly because it matches the wheel pants. I'm not sure the white on the wheel pants would look right to me. I like the solid red ones on yours. It really looks sharp. I might even ask you to put that stripe on my fuselage, too - unless it's a proprietary detail. It adds a LOT to yours! Maybe the stripe would look good on your pants instead of the fake rudder. :D

Last edited:
Me too. Partly because it matches the wheel pants. I'm not sure the white on the wheel pants would look right to me. I like the solid red ones on yours. It really looks sharp. I might even ask you to put that stripe on my fuselage, too - unless it's a proprietary detail. It adds a LOT to yours! Maybe the stripe would look good on your pants instead of the fake rudder. :D
Well just let me put my color scheme together the way I want. I won't know how I want to do the wheel pant stripes until I get there. For some reason you keep telling me how to do my color scheme. I hope you understand but I want my color scheme to be mine so I don't want to change it to how you think it should be. I didn't tell you how to do yours. Sorry I just had to be honest.

No problem, and sorry! I just get these ideas and they kinda just spill out. I'll try to restrain myself. But I was serious about wanting that stripe on my fuselage if you're willing. That really looks sharp! I've never tried to do anything like that with any of my planes... unless it was a decal supplied in a kit.

Last edited:
No problem, and sorry! I just get these ideas and they kinda just spill out. I'll try to restrain myself. But I was serious about wanting that stripe on my fuselage if you're willing. That really looks sharp! I've never tried to do anything like that with any of my planes... unless it was a decal supplied in a kit.
Okay good I'm glad you understand. But that stripe won't look right on your color scheme. Mine has the same color on the fuselage and wings so a white stripe looks good. But your color scheme has a white fuselage and blue wings so no matter which color you use it will loose it's good looks where it meets the same color. And of course you'd have to get rid of the blue anti-glare stripe to have room for it. Personally I think your color scheme looks great the way it is.

Good points. I hadn't thought of that. Or realized that yours doesn't have the anti-glare. That makes a big difference. Don't shoot me, this is a joke: Would a white anti-glare be effective? It might be a good blinding/dazzle stripe.

Good points. I hadn't thought of that. Or realized that yours doesn't have the anti-glare. That makes a big difference. Don't shoot me, this is a joke: Would a white anti-glare be effective? It might be a good blinding/dazzle stripe.
At first I was going to have a white anti-glare but I don't think it would look right with the stripe, too much too close together. Oh I forgot so I'll add this. As far as a white anti-glare not working, blinding, to me it's an RC plane without a real pilot so whatever looks good there is okay. And if I didn't have the stripe I would have put a white anti-glare area there. Or I'd probably call it a white stripe.

Back