Trident Redux

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Looks fabulous!
It's odd, for the last couple days, my editor tool bar has been grayed out. I was going to add an emoji, but the only available tool is Toggle BB code. I think I'll report my own post & see if the admins have any ideas about that.
P.S. I seem to have solved my own problem. It appears that toggling BB code turns the tool bar on/off. And the setting is sticky. It stays off for everything until it's turned back on. I don't recall changing it, though.

Last edited:
You know old age is really messing me up. I'm one of those guys that rarely made mistakes at work but now days the only thing I seem to do is make mistakes. I've been working on the Trident canopy and cockpit, a fairly simple job, but now I'm working on my third go around with it. But I think this time it will be decent, not perfect but decent. Of course I'm not done with it yet so there's still plenty of time to mess it up again.

You know old age is really messing me up. I'm one of those guys that rarely made mistakes at work but now days the only thing I seem to do is make mistakes. I've been working on the Trident canopy and cockpit, a fairly simple job, but now I'm working on my third go around with it. But I think this time it will be decent, not perfect but decent. Of course I'm not done with it yet so there's still plenty of time to mess it up again.
LOL

As much as possible with pretty much flat plate surfaces. The leading & trailing edges are tapered & rounded, TE tapered more than LE. Basically thin airfoils. The sub-rudder has that LE fillet, and the main structure is pretty much airfoil shaped, too.
FuseTail.jpg

As much as possible with pretty much flat plate surfaces. The leading & trailing edges are tapered & rounded, TE tapered more than LE. Basically thin airfoils. The sub-rudder has that LE fillet, and the main structure is pretty much airfoil shaped, too.
View attachment 129625
I seen that but didn't think of it as airfoil, just tapered front and back but flat in the middle. (an airfoil look). I guess I could add that too.

I was going to take a break from the Trident and work on the T-28D but since I worked on the T-28B so long I couldn't get motivated to do it, so I worked on the Trident a little more. I "squared" off the cylinder hole in the bottom of the the fuselage like @Bill Stuntz pictures and added the recessed outlet too. Here's a couple of pictures for you. How do you like that Bill?

Trident 33.jpgTrident 32.jpg

Can I quote myself? DAAAAAAAMN! That looks GREAT! I'm a HAPPY camper! :cool:
You're getting all the unique details perfect! The hollowed out areas behind the pilot seat look great, too. I don't see anything wrong with those, so it looks like you got that problem figured out. Would I be stupid to suggest that the only details missing are the cowl outlets on the sides and around the edges of the front scoop?
View attachment 129428

Last edited:
Can I quote myself? DAAAAAAAMN! That looks GREAT! I'm a HAPPY camper! :cool:
You're getting all the unique details perfect! The hollowed out areas behind the pilot seat look great, too. I don't see anything wrong with that, so it looks like you got that problem figured out. Would I be stupid to suggest that the only details missing are the cowl outlets on the sides and at the edges of the front scoop?
View attachment 129428
Good deal I'm glad you like it. I just finished "trying" to make one of those outlets on the left side of the plane but I got all kinds of shaded areas around it so I it didn't work out. I don't know why I have so much trouble with those type of things but after I cut them in and update the smoothing groups there's lots of shading. I'll try it again soon to see if I can make it better but it will probably do the same thing again. Ugh.

Back