Turn off SAFE?

mutski

I have been flying the RF9 Tiny Terry 150 quadcopter, and it feels like it's equipped with SAFE. It won't loop or role - the max pitch and roll angles seem to have limits. And it's sluggish when I try to turn through hoops and mazes. Does anyone know how to turn off SAFE and make this thinf fly in Manual mode?

If you read the description:

Note: In Horizon mode, high rates are required for full flips.

Channel 8 controls your flight mode:
-100%: Disarm - Pilot does not have control. Throttle for all motors is set to zero.
0%: Horizon - Pitch and Roll will auto-level with low stick deflection. Larger deflections allow Rate-style control.
100%: Rate - Pitch, roll, and yaw rates are controlled by stick position.

Yeah, I finally found that. However, I have a Dx7. It looks like channels 6 and 7 are unused in the model, but I don't see a way to reassign one of those to the mode function now on channel 8.

You can change channel and switch assignments in the editor. You can also use the O key on the keyboard for Channel 8.

Thanks BrokeDad. I found it, Dx7 is now working. I also figured out I can connect my Taranis via USB cable. That gives me Channels 1-8. Maybe I need to order the FrSky wireless dongle.

Back