UI Overlap issue

RemyHeli

From another thread, guess not specific to DX11 but opportunity for new case with low priority?
Can't read messages, not ideal when status popup window is not displayed, e.g. after model import.
Didn't notice the messages after model import, so I was unsure if successfully completed.

Attachments

• RF UI Overlap.jpg
    RF UI Overlap.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I had that problem in RF8 (& earlier ones) until I changed the text & background colors for error & warning messages to something with enough contrast to be readable by my ageing eyes and changed the time-out to give my eyes time to focus on them. But I don't remember them being covered up by a box like yours seems to be. I find it very difficult to read the parts of your message that aren't covered by that box.

I had that problem in RF8 (& earlier ones) until I changed the text & background colors for error & warning messages to something with enough contrast to be readable by my ageing eyes and changed the time-out to give my eyes time to focus on them. But I don't remember them being covered up by a box like yours seems to be. I find it very difficult to read the parts of your message that aren't covered by that box.
@Bill Stuntz With the latest version of RF, they changed the UI to have a big menu panel, replacing the various menus previously located at the top of the window. Whilst the location of the status messages at the bottom remain unchanged, we got today some incompatibility between those and the new menu panel. The eventual lack of popup dialog for status (e.g. after model import) does reinforce this.

My screen shot is showing a message saying that the model was successfully imported: not readable as mostly hidden by the new menu panel.

Not a DX11 issue but still something that could be improved. An idea would be to shorten the new menu vertically to make some room for the status messages (2 lines).

Last edited:
My screen shot is showing a message saying that the model was successfully imported: not readable as mostly hidden by the new menu panel.
Yes, I saw that. But the part that's visible isn't readable either. There isn't enough contrast between the text color & the background. 75y/o eyes can't focus on it in time to actually read the entire message before it disappears. I was often able to read the first couple words of messages, but the message would disappear before I could read the path/filename of missing files. Not a DX11 problem, but definitely a UI problem - especially if there's more than one error/warning displayed.

Back