Ultra Stick Rudder Response

caltain

I've never flown a real Ultra Stick, but the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 30cc in RF9 seems really unresponsive to me, and I'm not sure why that is. The real Ultra is supposed to be a more capable aerobatic version of the Big Stick.

I can fly knife edge and hover the Big Stick on high rates and a wings-level full rudder circle is reasonably tight. I cannot maintain a hover on the Ultra Stick or maintain a knife edge. The wings-level full rudder circle is enormous in comparison to the Big Stick. A snap throw of the rudder produces a good initial yaw, but then the tail waves back about 40% and the plane just doesn't seem exhibit any real rudder authority away from neutral inputs; certainly nothing like I see from the other aerobatic planes in the sim.

So, my questions are:
1) For those that have experience of the real Big Stick and Ultra Stick, is the model behaving reasonably similar to the real plane?
2) I know this is necessarily a more complicated question, but what settings in what order do I fiddle with in the editor to bring the model into a more realistic and accurate performance envelope?

Thanks, all!

Back