Upgrade?

If you are licensed for the Trainer Edition, Steam should be smart enough to offer to sell you the full version at a discount.

You'd think so! But the app just asks me to rate RF, not upgrade it. Can't find that option anywhere, in my account, profile, store...

I don't believe it's an upgrade per se. I think you might have to go shopping in Steam for RF 9.5S or Evo, at which point it would offer you a discounted price.

I don't believe it's an upgrade per se. I think you might have to go shopping in Steam for RF 9.5S or Evo, at which point it would offer you a discounted price.
You;re absolutely right - when you go to Evolution in the store, without comment the price is reduced by $30.

TO answer the original question, I'm thinking the only thing you get is more planes and more fields. So if there's a plane you want to train on before crashing it in the rw, then it may be worth it - but since the graphics etc are no different, I don;t see any need unless you want to play it as a game and not just train on it. In which case, I guess you could avoid buying any crashable planes and save a lot of money, but the risk is all part of the fun isn't it?

Real Flight is no longer available in the steam store. there are videos on you tube of people downloading planes and fields. I'm not sure if this is possible with the trainer addition. It's a shame about the upgrade i only got this so i could practice flying my ult biplane model which is not a trainer model.im just not confident enough to maiden this plane on my own without a bunch of virtual hours on it first. the plane makes a good decoration. I suppose, but i was hoping I could mitigate some of the risk too Mutch time and money wrapped up in this one. my first nitro and all.

RealFlight is still available. If you have the trainer edition, then just put Evolution in your cart and you'll be discounted at checkout.

I'm not sure what makes you think RealFlight is no longer available on Steam, but I can assure you it is.

Links to our current products:
RealFlight Evolution
RealFlight Trainer Edition

Trainer Edition has a much more limited feature set than our flagship product, Evolution. You are correct that it does not include the ability to import additional models.

If you're interested in upgrading to Evolution, you will see three separate purchase options its store page. Be sure to select the "Upgrade from RealFlight Trainer Edition" one to get your discount.

Attachments

• Steam store_Evolution_purchase options.png
    Steam store_Evolution_purchase options.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 13
Back