Uploading others' work to the swap pages

Adam Taylor

Adam-inistrator
Uploading others' work to the swap pages (don't do it!)

In general, uploading RealFlight content to the Swap Pages that you are not the original creator of is something to be avoided. There are a few separate reasons for this:

• There is a good chance that the file may already exist on the swap pages. The original author may have posted it at some point in the past. If you upload the same file with a different name, that results in two copies of the same file on the swap pages, which is not helpful.
  • Ratings -- Some users operate on the principle of rating any file not uploaded by its original creator with a '1'. Unfortunately, this can have the side-effect of skewing the rating of a high-quality file lower than what it may arguably deserve based solely on quality. The rating system is in place to help users looking for high-quality content quickly and easily, not to punish uploaders of unoriginal content. The best solution to avoid this problem is to not upload content you did not create.
  • And of course, the obvious one -- potential copyright infringement. It is likely that the original creator will not appreciate their creation circulated without credit given where it is due. Always get permission from the original creator first. Even better -- have the original author upload it, so it can be automatically associated with them. You should pretty much always avoid "I don't know who made this or where it came from, but I'm uploading it anyway" types of descriptions.

Why don't you select some guy from the forums here like opjose (or opjose himself) to keep the swap pages clean from files of this kind?

Greets,

Max

Agreed but one problem,when you post an EA some one could edit it and put it in the origional modelers name when the modeler didn't intend to have that posted yet. We should have modelers moderate pages since they are all very nice and honest people and the only people who design models.

Having a modeler or modelers as moderator would be a good idea. Is it possible to have something taken off the swap pages? Such as chieftestpilot's upload of inky00's plane? Even though the damage is done it will avoid further issues.

Blade Scraper said:
When will the stop? :mad:

BTW what do i do with this? I know who the origional model is.
You mean "When will this stop?"

Do you want to post the model? Ask the original modeler for permission, or better yet have him/her post it. Come on, read the FIRST POST...

Adam Taylor said:
In general, uploading RealFlight content to the Swap Pages that you are not the original creator of is something to be avoided. There are a few separate reasons for this:
There is a good chance that the file may already exist on the swap pages. The original author may have posted it at some point in the past. If you upload the same file with a different name, that results in two copies of the same file on the swap pages, which is not helpful.
Ratings -- Some users operate on the principle of rating any file not uploaded by its original creator with a '1'. Unfortunately, this can have the side-effect of skewing the rating of a high-quality file lower than what it may arguably deserve based solely on quality. The rating system is in place to help users looking for high-quality content quickly and easily, not to punish uploaders of unoriginal content. The best solution to avoid this problem is to not upload content you did not create.
And of course, the obvious one -- potential copyright infringement. It is likely that the original creator will not appreciate their creation circulated without credit given where it is due. Always get permission from the original creator first. Even better -- have the original author upload it, so it can be automatically associated with them. You should pretty much always avoid "I don't know who made this or where it came from, but I'm uploading it anyway" types of descriptions.

When will the stop stop? :D

Who is that origional model , I wonder ....

Hey Reggie,

No offense, I know it was a typo but it looked so funny so I responded...
Do not get offended OK?

What the owner of the model says?......

Andrzej

arb6591 said:
When will the stop stop? :D

Who is that origional model , I wonder ....

Hey Reggie,

No offense, I know it was a typo but it looked so funny so I responded...
Do not get offended OK?

What the owner of the model says?......

Andrzej
It's one of gymos planes,it's supposed to be a combat sloper.

Hi guy's,
Its my first time on this website. I have recently got the G 4.5 and am looking to update the airplanes in the designer corner. I have downloaded them . Could I know how can I load them on the G4.5?

Thanks

Sharad

Modifying airports

Hey guys,

I like to post colorschemes and enjoy modifying airports. The EA's from the swaps import as KEX files to use on the object palette.

I can't seem to import any of the stock aircraft included with G4.5. Is there any way to use these planes as airport objects when creating new airports?

Thanks for all the great work. I really enjoy..

Back