use own transmitter t-lite with FrSky

Elizabeth

I have a jumper T-lite and FrSky USB receiver. I have used them for Liftoff(drone simulator), and my PC(Windows10) detects the receiver and transmitter correctly. I wonder if I can use them for RealFlight although it requests to use Spektrum (protocol?!). If anyone uses FrSky transmitter, let me know thanks!!

Do a search on Taranis, lots of information on configuration for OpenTX. As long as the USB stick is seen in Windows as a Game Controller/Joystick device, it will work. I've never used the Frsky one - using a USB cord seems to be one less thing to fuss with.

I have a jumper T-lite and FrSky USB receiver. I have used them for Liftoff(drone simulator), and my PC(Windows10) detects the receiver and transmitter correctly. I wonder if I can use them for RealFlight although it requests to use Spektrum (protocol?!). If anyone uses FrSky transmitter, let me know thanks!!
Hi Elizabeth. I also have the same hardware as you do. In this case, when they make reference to the improperly called Spektrum protocol, they mean the channel order, as Spektrum has its own way of doing things. Most radios use ch 1 for Ail, 2 for Ele, 3 for Thr, and 4 for Rud, while they use all different. At this point, I deleted the Spektrum manual but if you look into a picture of a spectrum receiver you will see the way they ordered the channels. Therefore, you can fix this "disorder" in two ways. Either in the Input screen, you assign the sticks to the Spektrum order (I think Thr was in Ch1, for example) or you use the normal setting that you are used as inputs and change the output order in the way the Spektrum likes. In short, the so-called protocol is the order they send the channels in the serial stream Spektrum transmits to the receiver. I hope I was clear, but otherwise, contact me back. Have fun.

Back