Using the InterLinkDX Simulator Controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator ???

JGT Flyer

I have been playing around with RF9 for a few weeks now. So far its a great product and I will confidently be buying my first model soon.

I am also intrigued by the new release of Microsoft Flight Simulator that just came out, and was wondering if anyone has tried to configure or even use Microsoft Flight Simulator with the RF9 InterLinkDX Controller?

I haven't acquired MS Flight Simulator yet, but I do know it has some capability to be configured with a variety of controllers. Does anyone think it might work?

Thanks in advance .... Jim

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

I have both and thus far I have not successfully configured the remote to work in the new MFS, but I also have lots of other peripheries running including other flight controllers so its very possible if those were removed it may work. Ill try it and see if I can come up with a solution today once I get into my office.

Hi Jim,

I have both and thus far I have not successfully configured the remote to work in the new MFS, but I also have lots of other peripheries running including other flight controllers so its very possible if those were removed it may work. Ill try it and see if I can come up with a solution today once I get into my office.

----------------------------------------------------

Flyingblind.... Thank you! I appreciate any findings you discover. I'll probably just make the jump and buy MSF next week. Worst case, I'll just have to buy a another controller, though I am hoping to be able to use an RC Model controller.

Regards... Jim

----------------------------------------------------

Flyingblind.... Thank you! I appreciate any findings you discover. I'll probably just make the jump and buy MSF next week. Worst case, I'll just have to buy a another controller, though I am hoping to be able to use an RC Model controller.

Regards... Jim

I unplugged my flight sim rig and just left the remote plugged in, youll need to configure the axii and switches but I was able to get up and flying with that remove in about 10 minutes. happy flying

Flyingblind... That's good news! I have watched several videos about configuring the controller for MFS. I'll try it next week.

Thanks again... Jim

I cannot imagine flying x-plane or my new MSFS with the RF9 box. I love the RF9 box. The controls in the real sim would be awkward. Flying budget always difficult.

This is the wrong thread for this discussion BTW.

May I ask what you use to fly MSFS I'm thinking about getting it. Thanks for any help on this.

May I ask what you use to fly MSFS I'm thinking about getting it. Thanks for any help on this.

A proper HOTAS controller would be ideal. Could use anything as a simple joystick too like a Logitech Wingman 3d (since those are cheap and in abundance). I currently use a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force (outdated af) but really want to buy one of these for IL-2 Great Battles.

I have a set of super fancy controllers with the stick and LCD screen plus a "million" other things on it. Also the pedal attachment. But I find myself most of the time just picking up the DX and using that along with the keyboard. Those are sitting all dusty upstairs in my storage room. Now I just need a better computer so it doesn't run like crap.

A proper HOTAS controller would be ideal. Could use anything as a simple joystick too like a Logitech Wingman 3d (since those are cheap and in abundance). I currently use a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force (outdated af) but really want to buy one of these for IL-2 Great Battles.
Thanks for the information.

I just use my interlink for all of the flight simulators including MSFS2020.. It has all the control axis I need and the switch functions work. ? I used to have a Saitek yoke and pedals, throttles etc but it was more of a pain to have to constantly set it up, take it down, etc. I plug in the interlink and go.

I just use my interlink for all of the flight simulators including MSFS2020.. It has all the control axis I need and the switch functions work. ? I used to have a Saitek yoke and pedals, throttles etc but it was more of a pain to have to constantly set it up, take it down, etc. I plug in the interlink and go.
Thanks. Yeah that's what I was thinking too but I wanted to see what others were doing.

Thanks. Yeah that's what I was thinking too but I wanted to see what others were doing.

If you want to see others from the forums I'm in, take a look here. Now, I know those are really high end, custom made, etc enthusiast setups, but I'm nowhere near that.

I do, however, have my own IR Tracking for head tracking which in RealFlight, interesting enough, acts like VR to some extent and is really interesting, especially for FPV flying it makes you feel like you're in the cockpit! That can easily be done using a PS3 eye and some time modding it, but again, for someone who's more RealFlight oriented (or anyone else) who needs a budget controller, I'd highly recommend a "Logitech Extreme 3d" (sorry @technoid I goofed up earlier) as you can find those rather cheap and nearly all around town.

Yup its pretty easy.

So you getting ready to get a 3080 RTX? They look to be the hot ticket right now, the best bang for the buck. Like the 970gtx was back when it was released. I am tempted to upgrade as it's 30% faster than the 2080ti I'm currently using and it's priced at about half of what I paid for mine.

Yup its pretty easy.

So you getting ready to get a 3080 RTX? They look to be the hot ticket right now, the best bang for the buck. Like the 970gtx was back when it was released. I am tempted to upgrade as it's 30% faster than the 2080ti I'm currently using and it's priced at about half of what I paid for mine.
I still have the GTX1080 so I'm thinking about the RTX3070 and from what I've read they'll have an RTX3070ti too so that might be what I end up with. I'm still using my 1920x1200 monitor so a 3070 or 3070ti should be great for me. These days I only need extra power to get a higher frame rate in RF-X I still fly it a lot. I don't buy many new games these days I just play with my older games over and over. But let me know when you get a new card and a mini-review of it. I do plan to buy the reworked Crysis and Stalker when they come out for sure.

I still have the GTX1080 so I'm thinking about the RTX3070 and from what I've read they'll have an RTX3070ti too so that might be what I end up with. I'm still using my 1920x1200 monitor so a 3070 or 3070ti should be great for me. These days I only need extra power to get a higher frame rate in RF-X I still fly it a lot. I don't buy many new games these days I just play with my older games over and over. But let me know when you get a new card and a mini-review of it. I do plan to buy the reworked Crysis and Stalker when they come out for sure.
Yeah that 3070 has a little better performance compared to the 2080ti so it is definitely going to be good at your resolution. I am thinking about getting one of those 49" wide curved displays for my next screen.... 3080 is what I am looking at. I don't know if I should wait to see if a Super or ti edition is announced though. I play quite a few games, plus I have X-Plane 11, P3D v5, and the new MSFS2020 and I am always looking for more FPS on those. :D

Hi csgill75, As an R/C pilot I was searching for info re using my trusty old RF Interlink Elite controller with MSFS2020, and saw your post. I've got 3 channels working with decent rate and expo settings but the throttle channel is very erratic. This ancient Futaba-era controller seems to work fine with RF9.5 and the analog pots look solid in the MSFS setup screens, but in the sim the throttle function is so earratic it's unusable. MSFS also doesn't see any of the Interlink switches. Would you think my controller is just too old, or have you ever seen instability problems using your InterLink in MSFS?

Back